Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody ever try FOBS?

iowabucks

I bought a dozen when i fletched some arrows a couple years back and shot one or two a couple times but never really have given them a chance to see what they could really do.

Does anyone here on IW shoot FOBS? and if so, what do you think of them?

I know they are better in a cross wind, and obviously you shouldn't shoot them at the same spot on the target. I have read alot of threads about them on AT and it seems like you either love them, or hate them. Just wanted to hear some first hand opinions of some of the members here.

Just in case you don't know what a FOB is, here is a pic. FOB stands for "Fletching, Only Better."
fob61.gif

Last edited:
Used them all throughout 2010 and are Just as accurate as fletchings. Shoot FLETCH now but for no other reason than just wanted to switch it up. :)

My neighbor uses them. He shoots them through a DXT with a ripcord,no problem. When you get a pass through they just pop off the back of the arrow.

saw a video on these last year and was intrigued. Don't know how well they would hold up on the 3D course though. Very cool concept though.

I tried them once. They shot great. I couldn't get used to them though as they changed my anchor point a little bit as they touched the corner of my mouth. That was with my old bow though. It may be a little different now with my new one. I would have no problem shooting them at deer.

When you shoot an animal the FOB pops off leaving it right where you shot the animal making it easier to find the first blood. You will want to make sure you have some kind of arrow wrap on the other side though as you are essentially looking for a bare shaft making it tougher. It is nice to know exactly where you shot something at though.

Top Bottom