Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody hunt Southern Wisconsin

V

Vet2B

I have taken a job at a large animal clinic in Monroe (Green County I think) and was wondering if anyone had done any hunting in that general area. I have very good land in SE and E Iowa to hunt, but was wondering if the bucks were just as good in that part of Wisc.

There are more dairy farms in that part of the state than one can imagine, so I see you being pretty busy over there. This is one of the best areas for deer and turkey in WI. The hilly terrain makes it feel like you are in NE Iowa. Just cross the border and you can get some good hunting in Illinois a little closer to the river.
I talked to a guy who's group hunted shotgun over there. They hunted an "Earn a Buck" zone and all they saw were bucks, no doe, so they never killed after seeing bucks all day.

Vet 2b, I have hunted southern Wisconsin the last couple of years with a good friend of mine. Last year we gun hunted for 3 or 4 days and never hunted the same piece more than once. If you need some info hunting the area let me know. I am also an Iowa Stater so feel free to drop me a line, I will see what I can do.

Vet 2b, I have hunted southern Wisconsin the last couple of years with a good friend of mine. Last year we gun hunted for 3 or 4 days and never hunted the same piece more than once. If you need some info hunting the area let me know. I am also an Iowa Stater so feel free to drop me a line, I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom