Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody know this guy ?

deep_woods u r advar looks a lot like the buck in the header at the top of the website with his head tilted back.....not critizing just making a observation.....and i know that you use refrences.....most artist do.

Thats an awsome drawing......wish i knew what i did with all the double barrel shotgun drawings i did a few years ago:-(

huntn4life88
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

First of all, Bruce, that is absolutely stunning! Looks to me like you may have a career in art.
But the reasons behind this thread being started are rather confusing to me. Deep woods was venting because you were upset at someone "stealing" your designs. It looks to me like many of your designs are just images taken from the web, magazines, or books. Could it be that this "Other guy" is just doing the same thing that you are? Just curious.

[ QUOTE ]
deep_woods u r advar looks a lot like the buck in the header at the top of the website with his head tilted back.....not critizing just making a observation.....and i know that you use refrences.....most artist do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Bruce, that is absolutely stunning! Looks to me like you may have a career in art.
But the reasons behind this thread being started are rather confusing to me. Deep woods was venting because you were upset at someone "stealing" your designs. It looks to me like many of your designs are just images taken from the web, magazines, or books. Could it be that this "Other guy" is just doing the same thing that you are? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all if you look at my drawing that you are refering to, the deer is standing at a different angle and different antlers than the image at the top of this page. I guess some people see a drawing of a buck licking a branch
that is the same as every deer image out there. But if you have ever observed a buck in this activity, they all stand about the same in posture.
So I guess everyone is calling me a lie or has the interpretation that I am copying images...well I do draw each one of my decals...not copy them....and I have spent alot money, time and effort drawing them and to have them protected. If you see similarity in my drawings then that means that I am a pretty good artist. My guess is that the deer at the top of this site you are refering to is similar to alot of other deer images out there also.
The guy that is "stealing" my designs is using the actual image from my website and removing my copyright stamp, he is even using the same name for the decals as I have on my site and even the writings from my website.
My decal designs were drawn by me, not copied and are legaly registered with the U.S. Copyright office and that gives me the right to gripe and vent.

Here's another quick drawing I did for my wife's "moose" kitchen.Sorry for the bad scan, it's not real clear.
82moose-med.jpg

Another great peice Iowabruce!

If you aren't, you should be selling your drawings. You do awesome work!

Bruce, I think you have mastered the pencil. One of the toughest mediums (IMO) to work in. Have you ever had any prints made?

I won't pretend to know how the U. S. copyright office handles their affairs, but I'm not sure how you can copyright an image that is an exact duplicate of a photograph, Unless it was you who took the photograph. I know you say you draw these pictures, but several of your decals are of images that I, and I am sure, others on this site have seen many times. The Bills buck, the Zaft buck, The big 7x7 sheds, one is even a photo that Mike Biggs took, I have the book with the photo in it in my collection. I'm not talking just the racks, It is the mount, the angle, the expression on the deers face, Everything!!! I'm starting to feel as if my intelligence is being insulted. It is obvious where you are getting your designs, so please stop acting as if they are some kind of original design ideas of yours. I'm not taking the Other guys side, But this is getting ridiculous.

RUDD,
Thanks for your kind words. I don't think I'll ever master the pencil, sometimes it's my worst enemy. I've had thoughts of making prints from some of my drawings, but haven't so far. I'll post a couple more whitetail drawings later this evening, thanks again!

Iowabruce, I hope I didn't fringe on your "copyright" (If you have one) but I just made your awsome deer picture my wallpaper on my work computer. I just love that picture!

IowaBruce,
Those are very impressive drawings. I do not understand art so how someone can start drawing and come out with a master piece like that is incredible.
waytogo.gif
applause.gif
bow.gif

If you ever start selling them let me know.

That would definitely make some awesome wallpaper.You do some very good work.you should have some prints made and if you do let me know I would be interested.

Iowabruce, beautiful pencil work. I really love the buck - the expression on his face down to the last detail of his fur. Awesome.
waytogo.gif

The way I understand copyright law is that infringement occurs when someone derives a work of art directly from a work by someone else. If you copy from a pre-existing image without the photographers or artists written permission, you need to alter your work to the extent that a casual observer would not notice a resemblance. Of course you can use copyrighted photos for reference - fur texture, ear position, the way the light hits the antlers; etc. Most animals do look a lot alike and use the same gestures and body positons as was pointed out. As far as famous deer, I don't know if they themselves are copyrighted or trademarked. If you took your own photos of a well known mount it would look pretty much the same as anyone elses photo. And from what I've seen here it looks like DWD can take pretty darn good photos. Also, everyones photographs and artworks are automatically copyrighted as soon as they are in existance - pictures you have at home or put up online - like iowawhitetail. The law was changed I believe in 1979 so you don't technically have to register them, although it's difficult to persue legal action if you haven't. I think with legal action you have to prove that you created the image first. It's not hard to get permission to use an image. I just finished a painting based on a photo from a well known photographer who was very nice when I contacted him. Even if your work was done from a someone elses photo, its still its own entity and has its own copyright. I use my own photos whenever I can, and there have been several IWer's who have heard from me asking to use their photos.
smile.gif

Ok gang,
I promise this is the last "Bruce" drawing. Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm suddenly feeling inspired.
Bruce
82running_deer-med.jpg

You have got to get some prints made soon.All three are incredible.My father was a good artist too.Me,well lets say I am not a Micheal Angelo by any stretch.Great work.
grin.gif

Top Bottom