Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody tried this mix before?

All,

I tried something new this fall! I put out winter rye with soybeans and buckwheat and disked them in lightly. I then rolled the plot and overseeded the plot with Winter Greens and Shot Plot.
So I should have a good warm season attractant with the young beans and mature buckwheat and after it frosts I should have an even stronger attractant with the winter rye, Winter Green, and Shot Plot kicking in.
I put the Shot Plot and Winter Greens each on half the plot to see if Winter Greens in really preffered 4 to 1 over other Brassicas Blends!
This sure seems like a good plan but the proof comes when I get in the stand! I was just curious if anyone else had tried this type of plot variety before.

Later T$

No, but it sure sounds like a "kill plot" to me!
waytogo.gif

I don't see how you can miss since your giving them a "full plate"
grin.gif

I'm not much on the commercial mixes, prefering to mix my own so I haven't tried the ones you have planted.

If you get moisture, everything will grow and attract deer...until frost knocks out the beans and buckwheat. Sometimes we don't get a frost until very late though.

Keep us posted on how it works out!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom