Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone braving the -3 degree high today????

Trapshooter1

I've got a doe bow tag left may go out a few more times if the weather warms up a little. Gives me a chance to use the HBS.

I went out to call some coyotes this morning. No luck with bringing any in but it was a bit nippy out!

I am really regretting not using my landowner tag for gun season this year. This is the kind of weather I dream about for late muzzy . The deer are pounding food sources in the evening right now.

I did yesterday and killed a doe at 4:15, loaded her up and got out ASAP to not mess that spot up for late muzzy when I get back in their in a week.

Friday night was the best night I have ever seen on my property as far as deer on food and the number of Bucks that I saw on a one acre plot. Saturday wasn't good as the wind was blowing 40 mph and I did not hunt Sunday as I had to help my son with snow removal. Next week or so looks like highs in the 30's. Hopefully it cools back down in the 20s or so for the following week or so.

Wasnt much to brave Sunday evening IMO. It was cold but no real difference with windchill. I can sit all day in that stuff but Saturday nights wind was cooold. Saturday I had a doe being chased by a small bodied shed buck, followed by another 1yr old followed by a 2yr old. All grunting. Thought I was in the honey hole for the evening but only 3 does showed up to feed after that, must have been the only bucks in the area. Sunday night I got there late about 2:45 and deer were out already. Decided to hang back about 50 yrds in some cedars but bumped one bedded doe...all 2 dozen deer took off with her. One stray doe came in for the rest of the evening. I love the conditions we had Sunday night. A few acres of standing corn with some extra turnips/radishes makes all the difference, just need a mature deer to even exist in the area and we'd be set

Top Bottom