Anyone braving the rain tuesday??

I am wussing out. I love hunting in a light rain but don't like hunting a torrential downpour. I am going to save a day of vacation for when the conditions are perfect most likely thanksgiving week when the big boys are running.

I'm sitting in a box blind as we speak with my 10 yr old. Saw 3 does and one small buck at first light. Saw a giant cross the road on my drive out.

Short sit for me this morning. Thankful for a ground blind or I wouldn't have lasted until first light. 1 small forky and a yote so far.

I wish I was a weatherman where I could be wrong every day at work and still get paid 100K a year. It is perfect out right now.

What rain? I had this entire week off, but when I seen the forecast for today, I elected to work instead. Now that I'm here, the weather is perfect and the heavy rain is nowhere to be found. I hate weathermen!

Yeah... what a weather man! wow.. now I am stuck inside writing performance reviews and I should be in a tree... this afternoon for sure!

I am sitting in my home office have watched 3 bucks pass thru field by my house!!! I stayed in to get some paper work done.. SHOULD BE IN A STAND... Thanks for the great forecast!!!! 100 % chance of rain my arse.

Had the week off as well, but decided to come in due to the forecast. Now I'm looking out the window and it hasn't rained for 2 hrs. now. Little upset by the forecast.

I hunted all day yesterday. Could tell from my blackberry things were not going well at work. I was going to hunt a city stand then go to work. When I heard the rain hitting the roof I decided to go straight to work. My buddy called me about an hour after light he had driven by the stand I was going to hunt and said he was watching a good buck nudging a doe not 10 yds from my tree. I am taking tomorrow off. Now I have to debate where to go.

With snow coming tonight - I'll be sitting on the edge of a cornfield - Hoping the does come out to feed and the bucks come to harrass 'em.

Anyone have an update on what's going on out there right now? It would make me feel a whole lot better if the deer weren't moving and nobody was seeing a thing! I've never been so upset at the weatherman and his forecast, as I am today! On a positive note, with this front pushing through and cooler temps with snow forecasted for Wed, along with a full moon, things should be rockin through the weekend!

Wish work would of ended earlier, it looks prime with a light sprinkle and cool tips. I just wish I was hunting instead of watching it.

Anyone have an update on what's going on out there right now? It would make me feel a whole lot better if the deer weren't moving and nobody was seeing a thing! I've never been so upset at the weatherman and his forecast, as I am today! On a positive note, with this front pushing through and cooler temps with snow forecasted for Wed, along with a full moon, things should be rockin through the weekend!

well, I sat out there in it... from noon till dark, saw one spike and 5 does... stunk

Had one of my best days of bowhunting ever, though I did not shoot anything the action was nonstop from first light. Sat till 11:30 then went to a new spot at 2:30 which was a bit later than I wanted so I skimped on cutting any shooting lanes for fear of seeing movement at any second. Got set up, hung my bow and thought to myself "its magic time' looked up and a shooter was 80 yds out heading my way. Heart starts jumping, grab my bow and get ready. He bedded down 36 yds away and gave me about 45 minutes to get a perminant image of his rack. 150-165 10 with hooked brows, mains rap around with crab claws on end, so really a 12. He didn't move a muscle until 2 does were drectly under me and spooked a little when they smelled the wet gloves I left laying at the base of the tree. They ran about 10 yds in front of me and he stood to his feet, looked at the does and casually walked over and bumped one and chased her all over except into one of my few shooting lanes. He stopped at one point 15 yds on front of me for about 1 or 2 minutes and I almost talked myself into trying to squeeze one through an imaginary hole in the brush but decided against it. The whole time all this is going on there are two other smaller bucks running all over also. Ended up seeing 13 bucks today and I didn't bother counting does. Sorry bout rambling, that was the best big shooter encounter I have had in a couple years. Bitter sweet

Back