Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone else have an issue keeping your feet dry...

ShedderKG

Just wondering if anyone has any tricks as to trying to keep their feet dry from sweating on the walk into the stand? I have 1500 gram insulated rubber boots and am wearing heavy socks...and I understand I have enough insulation which would obviously make my feet sweat. When I get to the tree and my feet start drying, that is when my feet start getting cold...any suggestions or different set up of some sort?? Thanks for any help

It is all in the socks. I wasn't a believer in liner socks until I got an account that was a sock manufacturer located in Osage Iowa. All the guys I worked with up there swore by them and I tried a few sets. I can tell you first hand it is crazy how well they work. Right now if you were to take your boots and socks off when you get to the tree you would feel moisture on your feet. With these liner socks your feet will be bone dry, as they transport the moisture through the liner and into the wool sock which still keeps you warm.

Check them out. They are only like 8 bucks a pair and worth their weight in gold to me.

http://www.foxsox.com/Catalog/search.aspx?type=category&code=LINER

the number 4421 are the ones I use when its cold out. The X-statics work good as well plus they kill odor. The coolmax ones work awesome during turkey season when it is flat out hot out or any other time when it is hot for that matter.

For the actual sock when it is cold the Gibraltar Frontiers are simply amazing. Combine those with the thermawick liner and no more cold feet. They are $20 bucks a pair but when it is 30 below and you don't have cold feet they worth a lot more to me.

http://www.foxsox.com/Catalog/search.aspx?type=subcategory&code=ABOOT

The best part is your supporting a company in rural Iowa that flat out makes awesome socks and has great guys that are hunters just like us working for them. They also make all the carhartt socks, remington socks, cabelas socks many of the socks you see out there are made by them.

i had the same issue for years. Finally bought non-insulated, waterproof Meindl's from Cabelas and have had no problems since. Have been in 20 below weather and been comfortable with the right socks. I figured out the insulation was more than my feet could stand. Good luck!

I know it wasn't the coldest of days yesterday for the evening sit but I needed to try the liners. On my way out of town, I stopped at scheels and picked up a pair realy quick. It was 45-50 degrees when I was walking in. Normally, without the liners, my feet would have still got cold last night but man oh man what a difference those things make! I was amazed to be honest. Thanks for info fellas

For early season pick up some 800 gram thinsulate boots. Bass Pro occassionally has a nice pair of LaCrosse boots on sale for $89 bucks that normally sell for $150. I have a pair and they are tuff and just warm enough for early season. Liner socks also are a must any time you are hunting warm or cold.

I actually wear that material as an undershirt and that helps a bunch too.

Top Bottom