Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone else have this Problem**where are the bucks?

My farm is just like yours, 140 acres and over the past 6 years, I have exactly one mature buck on camera in the summer. They just are not there until later on....its a doe/fawn factory and I am pretty sure the does claim my farm as their turf and push the bucks off. The neighbors feed the bucks in the summer for me and I get to shoot them in the fall...I don't mind. :D

Mine is similar. 135 acres with about 70 timber. Nice river and bluffs and plenty of food source around. I do food plots but the bucks never show up until mid oct. I usually set up cams early aug and have never caught a mature buck in velvet in the past 4-5 years. Works out well for me as I'd rather have them in the fall than in the summer. I really think the bucks spend a lot of time in the grass waterways during the summers alone in a bachelor group. Couple neighbors seem them there often. When that group breaks up they are more likely to search out other deer.

Mine is similar. 135 acres with about 70 timber. Nice river and bluffs and plenty of food source around. I do food plots but the bucks never show up until mid oct. I usually set up cams early aug and have never caught a mature buck in velvet in the past 4-5 years. Works out well for me as I'd rather have them in the fall than in the summer. I really think the bucks spend a lot of time in the grass waterways during the summers alone in a bachelor group. Couple neighbors seem them there often. When that group breaks up they are more likely to search out other deer.

Yep, have 1/2 mile of muddy creek that flows basically year round or at least has water year round through the entire property. Lots and Lots of does, just got word and will have pics soon of all the bucks on the neighbors...there is a pile of them over there across the fence.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom