Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone else seen this TV hunting show ?

stuffy

The last two Saturday mornings, (10:00 am) I just happened to catch a show on Fox Sports,
titled, "Hunting with Joe Bucher". The first Saturday he is bowhunting whitetails, they,show
him hitting a buck, a little low,but still a pretty good shot. He proceeds to trail it and
sees it bedded down. Takes another shot, and eventually gets his buck. Unsure on how
much time elapses. A little questionable. Now this past Saturday,he is bowhunting again.
Takes a shot at a buck ,and hits it in the back left leg. Starts to trail it again, finds blood,
sees this one also bedded down in a pretty good thicket,sneaks up takes a shot. Somehow,
we are led to believe, the arrow finds its mark ?? Next, they show him and his buddy
trailing it again. They find it, "which is good". But trust me,it wasnt the same day.He (Joe)
could barely,if at all, bend the deer's neck for the camera. Rigor-mortis had really set in,
and the eyes were really sunk in. I guess if there are guys like this getting their hunting
films on TV,there is still hope for all of us to make it big. Anyone else seen this,if you
did what was your impression of the show? Just wondering.

HEY STUFFY..... MOST OF THESE HUNTING SHOWS ON TV I'VE SEEN ARE CANNED HUNTS AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. NOT ALL ARE LIKE THAT BUT MANY ARE. LET'S FACE IT, THESE GUYS SHOW UP SOMEWHERE TO HUNT AND ALMOST ALWAYS SHOOT SOMETHING DECENT. HOW MANY OF US CAN SHOW UP SOMEWHERE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN AND SHOOT A TROPHY IN A DAY OR TWO. THE NAME OF THE GAME IS GETTING GOOD TAPE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE. I HAVE A VERY GOOD FRIEND THAT HAS BEEN INVOLVED WITH A FEW DIFFERENT SHOWS AND HE'S TOLD ME SOME VERY INTERESTING THINGS. THERE IS A SHOW CALLED "RED HAWK OUTDOORS" ON THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL THAT IS ABOUT AS CLOSE TO THE REAL THING AS YOU WILL FIND. IT'S NOT AS GLAMOROUS AS OTHERS BUT MORE WITH NATURE.
wavey.gif

Joe Bucher (pronounced boo-ker) has been producing TV fishing shows and videos for some time. He also owns a fishing tackle company that mostly specializes in muskie lures. He is well known for slanting the way things look on camera to make himself look better or to make his products look better. His most recent book (Krause Publications) has a lure of his own manufacture hung nicely in the corner of the mouth of every fish in every photo. It is very obvious that the lure was placed there after catching the fish. He's not well trusted in the fishing community, and I'm not enthusiastic about him being in the bowhunting TV show business.

Top Bottom