Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone else still carrying a bow?

Old Buck

Life Member
I've tagged several does with my bow since Christmas. Great practice, helps balance the herd and I know several families that sure appreciate the meat. My son still has a couple tags and I have an any sex tag so we're still out there having fun. The bucks seem to have crawled back into that proverbial 'hole in the ground'.

seen some does but that's about it. still gonna hold out hope for the bruiser. Some cold snowy weather would sure help.

Still hoping to tag anything with a bow over the late season, havent seen a thing though.

Between work and the holidays, I have not been able to get out since bow season ended. Plan to try to shoot some does with bow this weekend and next two weekends during the special late season. Have nothing against guns, but always use a bow even during gun seasons, where legal.

Still after a wallhanger if his horns are still attached to his head. I will likely take a big doe if one happens past first. I am still seeing a lot of deer even after gun season has ended.

Tried a new spot tonight. Lots of deer up above me, a couple down low, but the wind shifted as I was sitting and it didn't work as well as I had hoped. Still trying to get some freezer meat to last 'til next season.

Still bowhunting here! Took a nice doe on the 23rd of Dec. with snow coming down in buckets. It was a blast to hunt on the ground and stalk within shooting range. The hard part was keeping the snow out of the peep sight. My brother got within 20 yards of a nice 8 point buck only to draw back and have his peep loaded with the white stuff. He tried to clear it out but the buck caught his movement and didn't waste any time leaving the area. I love hunting when the snow is coming down!
smile.gif

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SNOW!!!
wink.gif

This weather is crazy,wanted to hold out for a buck but I'm starting to wonder.Good luck to everyone still out there.

Been out a couple of times with the bow since Christmas. Last night I gave in and took out the muzzleloader and gleaned the biggest doe out of a group of about 30 deer. Now it's back to the bow for about a half dozen more sits. I'd love a little snow and cold, but it sure is beautiful weather to be out!

NWBuck

Still hanging in there in Missouri. We have until Jan 15th. A friend of mine killed a doe over the weekend, and my last trip out, last Friday morning, I got to watch a bobcat sneaking across a bean field looking for breakfast. Down-filled thermal underwear sure do come in handy on those mornings when the thermometer reads 15.

Happy hunting to those still hanging in there!

MO

I hunted tonight and had a 120"+ 8 pointer catch me moving before I could make a shot. I'll probably get three more hunts in before the year ends. Maybe we'll meet again!
rambo.gif

While walking to my stand this afternoon, I found myself in the mist of a stampede! I was quickly trying to get to me stand, and was ambushed by 10 does, they circled all around me. Completely caught off guard, my natural instinct was to find the nearest cover available. I dove into a brushy thicket, and while watching my fine furred female friends (+4) bound through the soy bean field that lay before me, I kept hoping that the brute I had encountered during the post rut, would come charging over the hill that seperated us. I sat there waiting, still hoping… and still waiting. Unfortunately, he was a no show, but hey, what can you do? Eventually I got secured in my stand, and enjoyed yet another, uneventful January bow hunt. It was getting dark,so I climbed out of my stand, and made my way back to the truck. About half way there, I had walked within 10 yards of a nice upper 120-class 8 pt., without even knowing it! Both of us were caught by complete surprise. The two of us stood there dumbfounded, waiting to see who would make the first move. Eventually I broke down and by now there was no chance at even attempting a shot due to the fact that is what was nearly dark and so he bolted outta there at lightspeed. Its nice to know that the bucks in my area have not totally deserted my hunting ground yet, and theres always tomorrow, tomorrow meaning until Friday.

-Steve

was out last sat had 16 does go by my stand @ 8:30 am followed by a nice 10 point and @ 22 yrds in the shooting lane
shocked.gif
was at full draw released "thump"killed a sapling clean
blush.gif

bucky ran 10 ft stopped behind a tree for about 10 min
shocked.gif
drew again smooth release WACK!!! killed another tree dead
blush.gif
blush.gif

So ended my bow season the "two pointer" looks great in my trophy room (thanks to my hunting partner)
rolleyes.gif

Had a great time this year shot a doe early in nov.enjoyed it so much I'll probly kill another woody next year!!!
Good luck to those still at it

Top Bottom