Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone Finding Dead Deer???

Now at 36!!

Are you kidding me? Isaac told me you were finding quite a few, but 36? Wow. I feel for you. Have you had it hit your property before? I often times wonder why it can hit one particular property in an area so hard, but not do anything on a property only a few miles away. It has always made me wonder if there are certain 'traits' that a property has that may make it more prone to EHD?

This is the first time it has hit our property and it isn't looking good. At this rate I will find close to 60 before season starts and who knows how many when we harvest. I think our ground is being hit so hard because the river runs right through the center of it. Plenty of exposed mud flats for the midge flies to breed in. Our deer numbers were already getting pretty low with three years of floods taking fawns so this will really put a dent in things. The DNR spotlight count already had us down 60% in deer population two years running so we really didn't need this to happen. It will be like hunting a ghost town this season!!

Top Bottom