Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone going out this weekend

DOUBLE LUNG

Just wondering how many of us are heading out to try and put the hurt on a ducks this weekend. I will be out there after work on saturday and hopefully have some good luck. Hope to put the hurt on them on Sunday also. Good luck to all the people heading out and be safe. Cross your fingers for some bands.

yea i'm with ya! aside from deer hunting, duck hunting is def. my passion! gettin a little gang together to hit our woods, had the adequate fall moisture to keep the ponds up good! 3 decent little ponds and the cedar river to bring 'em off of, it should be pretty successful! too bad it is only wed. and i have a few days to wait, i sure am getting jacked though! what does everybody else like to hunt? ponds, rivers, do you jump 'em off or try and call them in??

I'll be out on Saturday. Not much of a waterfowler, just killing time until deer season.
waytogo.gif

Hunting a pond/wetlands just off the Cedar River, so there is usually a fair amount of duck traffic in the area.

No time for the boat this weekend since I have to work days, but I'll be out in the evenings pass shooting on a creek.

We'll be out smacking on the ponds! We are just west of the big marsh, so when the crowd wakes em up and they fly the river looking for ponds for safety, we let come right into the decs and whack em!!

I'm ready to roll!!

It will be another weekend of Pickling the Liver for me...

I'll be in central Iowa, wishing I was back home hanging stands and trimming shooting lanes.

Good luck to those of you who head out.

Oh yeah... iowa dnr website said that we should hit the blue wing migration right on the money this weekend so hopefully we will whack em and stack em.

Can't wait to be set up on the marsh and call them wood ducks and teal in. Maybe a couple of mallards also. Gotta love watching them cup up and dive in.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be out on Saturday. Not much of a waterfowler, just killing time until deer season.
waytogo.gif

Hunting a pond/wetlands just off the Cedar River, so there is usually a fair amount of duck traffic in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be be with Randy hopefully calling a few into the wetlands, if it is anything like goose season should be a good time as the ducks really liked the spread

I'll be hunting a flooded standing corn field and right acroos the road is a flooded CRP patch. I've never seen so many blue wings in all my life. Also close to 80 to 90 big ducks, Mallards and Pintails. Taking a couple of buddies and one of their 12 year old son with us. Should be a great time for all.
cool.gif

Does anyone in here hunt Colyn? I heard they made the north end marsh into a refuge, does anyone know if this is true?

we should start out the morning behind some dekes on a pond, then we'll jump a couple ponds after that

Top Bottom