Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone know the story??

luv2hunt

After looking over all the bucks at the Classic this weekend it would appear that there has to be some awfully good stories to go along with the deer. One particular deer that I'd like to know the story on is the one with the arrow buried into it's drop tine. Anyone know the story there?

A couple of guy's working the scoring booth told me that the guy shot and hit this buck in the antler,they said the buck shook it's head around trying to get it's sense's back but the hunter knocked another arrow and hit the deer good on the second try.That's what I know about him.
How many guy's would have left that arrow in the rack like that?I think I would have took it out after the picture's were taken.

I heard the same story also. I definately would have left the arrow in the antler afterwards, made for a great conversation piece.

ACTUALLY THAT 100 GRAIN THUNDERHEAD WAS SHOT FROM A SQ2 WITH GAME TRACKER CARBON ARROWS, CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THAT " POTTS SHOT". YEA I THINK THAT HEAD IN SHOT WAS ONE I MISSED HERE IN NE IA---OH, WHICH COUNTY DID THE DEER GET HARVESTED--I LOST THE BONE TRAIL AFTER THE FIRST 100 (MILES) OR SO
rambo.gif
grin.gif
ACTUALLY I THINK THE ANGLE OF THE ARROW WAS SLIGHTLY DOWN HILL--MAYBE 'CAUSE I WAS STANDIN ON A LARGE PILE OF BULL.
TRUELY A MUST TO LEAVE ARROW ATTACHED----GREAT STORY.

I had heard the deer departed the scene after the first shot only to return with in 15 minutes to check out what had happened. Curiosity killed the cat. I would leave the arrow for sure.

M350 that's pretty funny. Are you sure the air circulates ok in those blinds or maybe I made one to many request to see how fast they could be put up and taken down.
grin.gif

Mike Ogbourne harvested the buck. He gave me the story, when I have time I will post later detail and pics later. I believe he also said it will be in an upcoming edition of NAW.

Thanks,
OneCam

Top Bottom