Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone tried the quick fletch stuff?

shadowpeople

Just wondering if anyone had tried any of the blazer quick fletch wrap/vane things you dip in the boiling water? I know some other companies make them as well, such as NAP with the quick spin vanes.

Do these products actually work well or am I better off just getting my own wraps and fletching jig?

Also, is anyone shooting the quick spin vanes? I am curious if they really tighten up your groups but I hear they make a lot of noise?

I shoot QuickSpins and have for 3 years. My 30 and 40 yard groups tightened up noticeably and I have no issues with extra sound. I really like them.

im sold on them, the number 1 thing when doing them is make sure your pot is deep enough to dip the arrow into,i slide mine over the shaft as instructed, with the end just at the front of my nock, hold for a few seconds 10 seconds or so and pull them out,let dry for 15 min, and your ready to go. if you have nocks that are already glued, make sure your fleching alligns with your string, i left my nocks loose and adjusted them after the flethching dried.im impressed with them, no glue no mess.

Last edited:
A friend of mine just used these to fix 2 of his 12 arrows.... Said it was easy and worked great. Arrows shooting fine.

I used the older version of these and they seem to work great. I want to get the Blazer Quickspin vanes and redo all my arrows this way. Love them no gluing mess.

My father has been using them for awhile now, they are very easy to use & work great. He seemed to have better luck with the long vanes though. I plan on using them on some of my arrows soon.

I have a buddy that was sold on them for just about 2years. Up until this year he swore by them. I took him to 2 or 3 3D shoots in as many weeks, and he wrecked several fletchs for one reason or another. Tear 1 fletch off, REDO the WHOLE arrow. When I tear a fletch, I can always refletch 1 vane at a time with my jig.

Quick Fletchs run somewhere around $30 for 12. $2.50 for 3 fletchings whether you wreck 1 or all three its $2.50
I can fletch 12 arrows for roughly $21 ($.58 per vane)and I can do them one fletch at a time.
I know alot of the "pros" say if you wreck 1 fletch you should redo them all, but I cant afford that honestly.

Now, the advantage of the quick fletchs is they do have a built in arrow wrap for increased visibilty. Arrow wraps do increase your arrow spine and Im sure these are no different. But I would think the MAIN reason a person would use these would be the ease of doing, and the lack of tools required.
Im the kinda guy that I love tinkering with my OWN stuff. Weather its arrows/bows/rods/small engines/computers/ect... I would rather do something myself than pay someone to do it, so I need the required tools to do those jobs. I bought a used Bitz off of ebay and taught myself how to fletch in about 3arrows worth of wasted materials.

Has anyone had problems with air getting under the wrap and bubbling up...the guy at the pro shop last week said that they have cut a lot off and redone them for ppl so curious if anyone else has heard this...thanks

I have not used them but know many that do and they love them, granted if you are setup with a jig ect to do things right there is not need but in a pinch or for someone who does not know how to fletch they work great for DIY

Top Bottom