Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Aqua View

Central Iowa

Life Member
My father in law is buying a under water camera system later this week. Anyone have experience with these or kmow of any good reviews comparing the diffren't systems? I think the deer hide their sheds in the river this should help. Just kidding.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these are really a gimmic. Unless you fish extremely clear water they are next to useless, and I mean extremely clear! My friend has one and it just helps pass the time during our ice-fishing outings the water has never been clear enough during any open water fishing to put it to use. Sometimes when the water is clear enough you can see fish but it can be frustrating because this unit still doesn't help the fish bite. If he's got money to blow I'd say whatever floats your boat but if he's leaning one way or another I would talk him out of it.

My 2 Cents
Pupster

Thanks for the reply, He only fishes Canada so it would probably work for him. I think he already made up his mind but doesn't know which brand.

I have used one while fishing in Minnesota. Do yourself a favor and make your own. All it is is a black and white camera with infrared capabilities and a small tv.

what the heck can you NOT make vman?? you should change your name to MacGyver.

grin.gif

Good point vman. Was also told about a company called Ikelite that makes under water housings for popular cameras. Thanks, CI

Muddy- Just think what Vman would put together if that Alien had him in his grasp. I gotta agree, a regular McGyver (sp)

Top Bottom