Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AR15

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

I am looking to purchase a AR15. Do any of you have any insight as to the pro’s and con’s of this one? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

AR15
smsil_r15predatorcs.jpg

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

Blake, I have always been told to use the ABCs and R rule when buying ARs. (No particular order.)

Armalite
Bushmaster
Colt
&
Rock River

The Rem is the new kid on the block, no info thus far.. Rem's Q/C has tanked over the years, it would really make me nervous with a new purchase on a new design.

I have a Rock River .223 and a DPMS .308. Both have superb accuracy and are high quality. Lindys Guns in Boone,IA turned me onto AR's. Lots of the cops in town like them and Lindy turned me onto these brands as what he sells a lot of to happy customers.

Blake dont let how cool it looks fool you. let them hang around for a few years before you do anything. I am biased but I went with DPMS because they have been around. But every AR owner is going to tell you that theres is better. '''

At the same time me telling you not to buy a Rem is like saying bowtechs limbs blow up. Who knows.

But the are called BLACK GUNS for a reason /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif they are meant to be black!

I was talking to a guy at a gun show a few weeks ago about ARs. He is from around Ottumwa I belive. His company builds ARs. He told me all the big manufactures buy components from other companies to build their ARs so even though they may have different brand names they are all the same becuase they buy their components from the same companies. His company, of course, makes all of their own parts.

I don't know if what he was telling me was true ot not. Anybody know?

The 'Bonker

Someone was looking for a lefty on another thread- noticed that new issue of American Rifleman had ad for Stag arms producing a lefty AR.
Sorry- not your answer Blake but I'd be nervous until it has been around a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He told me all the big manufactures buy components from other companies to build their ARs so even though they may have different brand names they are all the same becuase they buy their components from the same companies.

The 'Bonker</div></div>

A few years back I was told something similar by a very knowledgeable LE & military rep at Brownells, I think he was mainly talking about upper and lower recievers if memory serves, said they just had them stamped with their companys logo. Dont know if things have changed since? I would imagine this would especially apply to the more generic configurations, and maybe less so to the semi custom rifles??
I see him now and then and I'll have to ask again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking to a guy at a gun show a few weeks ago about ARs. He is from around Ottumwa I belive. His company builds ARs. He told me all the big manufactures buy components from other companies to build their ARs so even though they may have different brand names they are all the same becuase they buy their components from the same companies. His company, of course, makes all of their own parts.

The 'Bonker</div></div>

I guess if you think about it in a business sense. Especially with lowers, it doesnt make a lot of sense for ever company to make there own... especially when they all have the same specs.

I read on a predator hunting forum recently that this gun is essentially a Bushmaster and I believe that it also has bushmaster stamped on the side. From what I understand on that site there wouldn't be much to worry about it if it has Bushmaster stamped on the side.

hoofline.gif

Does anyone have any idea which AR has the best trigger pull? As in little and crisp!

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Yeap. Any one you install a Jewel trigger in. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Actually there are a lot of very good aftermarket triggers avalible, both single and two stage. Most drop in with little to no tools.

Rock River has a nice National Match trigger and I have see factory Colts with adjustable set screws in the trigger mech.

If your on the fence, you can not go wrong with a Rock River Arms...

i will tell you that DPMS will NOT impress with the triggers but most people put one in anyhow. You can get one with a JP which is a tad better

Looked into these Remingtons. They're pretty much the same as the Bushmaster Varminter. I hear the trigger pull isn't very good on them and there isn't an adjusment on it. Dealer I talked to said they're gonna retail them for $900 when they get them in. Supposedly only Gander Mountain has them out right now and mostly just in the .223. They're retailing them at over $1,000.

I have a two stage trigger in my RRA and it is nice. I read alot of good things on there triggers and know of a couple Armalite fans that put in RRA triggers.

Top Bottom