Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery?? bow eyes open?

C

chrisj

I have recently switched from instinctive shooting to a compound with sights. I use to shoot this same way. I am wondering, how many keep both eyes open? I am getting use to it and it seems to work well, a little odd at first though. I just wondered what the rest on here thought of this subject. pro's and con's?

Thanks everyone!
confused.gif

I made the switch 2 years ago and i'm glad.I'm sure you will be too.I kind of squint my left eye because i'm right eye dominant.I've done it for so long I didn't ever think of it til you posted something on it.

I have shot both ways one eyed & both eyes open Both have advantages/disadvantages
one eyed it is harder to find your spot and keep it. with both open you do need a large peep hole but I like the two eyed a lot better at least for me it's easier to keep on the "spot"and follow the deer also it's a lot easier to keep your balance w/ two eyes open
blush.gif
just my .02 worth

My left eye is way to dominate to shoot with both eyes open (20/18).

took a long time to switch back to shooting a shotgun right handed after my grandfather for a few years the wrong way!

So to continue to ramble on, I finally got the gun eyes back, but I can't for the life of me get control with both eyes open with my arrowing flinging device.

so, I just close both! the hell with it!

that is the only way to shoot is with both eye open,i have been shooting that way for about a year and i am very glad i made the change.

I am right handed and my right eye is very dominent, so when I shoot a bow or shotgun I always keep both eyes open. I even keep both eyes open when I shoot a rifle with a scope. About the only time I close an eye is shooting a rifle with open sights.

IaCraig

You guys are lucky, my left eye is so dominate evey time I have ever practiced with both eyes open it would get to where it was working OK then out in the stand a big buck would show and I couldn't get my left eye to let me do anything. I shoot a gun left handed because of that even though I am right handed. Now with the bow I have a eye patch that I pull over my left eye as soon as I see any deer coming my way or right before I shoot. Do whats comfortable to you. Al

Top Bottom