Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery ranges near Coralville

S

sstevens

Does anyone know of any archery ranges near Coralville? I'd especially like to find a place that I could shoot a couple of broadheads, I just missed a turkey this morning and think I may have bumped my sight.

the johnson county archers have a free range northeast of north liberty out past mehaffey bridge boat ramp and before you get to lake macbride. on the lefthand side of the road overlooking the reservoir. i shoot there all the time. for some dang reason i can't remember that road name.
mad.gif
sugar bottom road i think. limb, help me out.

it's on mehaffey bridge road... my bad, just did a map quest for it.

coming off of I-80 take the hwy 965 north exit, go all the way through north liberty to the last stop light. there is a store called corridoor convenience there. take a right. go until you get to a 4 way stop sign. take a left and stay on that road until you cross the reservoir at mehaffey bridge. then go up the hill, slide to the left a little bit and take the 2nd driveway on the lefthand side. it has a sliding metal gate. there aer brown signs for the raptor center and other park type things. the archery range is down a dip and immediately on your left hand side.

There's also a great gun club in West Liberty...The West Liberty Gun Club, Inc.
grin.gif

Annual dues are $60. It has an indoor range with steel backstop, and several outdoor ranges setup for all kinds of shooting....bow, shotgun, muzzleloader, soon to allow highpower - once the backstops are upgraded this spring?

Let me know if you would like more information
laugh.gif

Ok Guys here is a web site that has directions to the range: http://www.johnsoncountyarchers.com/
We have targets on bales to shoot at scattered along the trails on the east and west sides. those can be shot at anytime free.We have 3-d shoots starting in the spring if you watch the web site it should be updated sometime with the dates.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Top Bottom