Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery set up

trapper91

I am buying a new bow next week and am not sure on what kind of sight or rest to get. I was wondering what you guys use on your set ups?

Vapor Trail Limbdriver rest and Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It. There's a lot of great sights out there but I really like the LD. No string tied off to the cables.

Spot Hogg sight is bomb proof. The basic one they make for around $65 is just as good for deer hunting as the $200 + high end one.

Limb driver ain't what I use but it's a solid rest. I have a phantom drop away made by PSE, it's almost 100% full containment which I love. I'm also another vote for a Spott Hogg, I have the Hogg It.

Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter as never let me down. If I change it will be to full containment type rest. One less opening for failure. For a sight I currently have a Black Gold with .19 pin, 7 pins because of a western trip. I am very pleased with it although I would not get a seven pin sight for local hunting.

Limb Driver rest
Copper John Dead Nuts Supreme sight

You can't beat the LD for ease of set up and tuning.

Limb driver rest if you want a great, no containment drop away rest. If you want containment rest; I recommend a QAD Ultra rest or a Ripcord code red. Sights, single pin HHA are great. Black Gold puts out the brightest multi pin sight I have ever seen. Sword Twilight hunter is a nice multi pin sight too. Lots of great choices out there, and you honestly can't go wrong with most of them.

I'm with Ironwood on the rest and future upgrade. I had an arrow fall off my Shakey once when trying to draw on a muley out here, but I was shaking and trying to draw in a rush. I can't really blame my failure on the rest as I'd all ready blown one opportunity on that deer. I just upgraded my old 4-pin sight to the Black Gold 5-pin (.19 pin) and couldn't be happier. It was a toss up b/w the Black Gold and a Spott Hogg, and the price of the Black Gold is what sold me.

Alright Im guessing by your post that you might be a novice? You may want to looking into a fall away "Full Containment" rest. Really helps for being unsteady while drawing and in the stand. Definatly dont an arrow to come off the rest and go through the back of your hand. As far as the sight if you have good eyes go .19 otherwise go .29pins. I have Black gold 5pin .19 and I want to get rid of it in favor of a Spotthogg with .19 for 3D and hunting.

I read threw all the post and everyone has great ideas for the rest. I bet they are all good!! I have a trophy taker I have had that since they have came out great rest. No complaints.

As far as pin size I tried the .019 but found out I didn't like it because it looses light a lot faster than .029. So I switched back to .029 and glad I did. I hunt out of a blind in the spring for turkey and this helped for that also.

Everyone has great ideas just go with what you like when you are there.

If I was just starting out I would go with a whisker bisket rest and a low end spot hogg sigth.

Top Bottom