Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ArcticShield gear on sale

Most of this stuff is still available, but it's going fast. Many of the sizes or camo patterns are sold out. A few weeks ago I ordered a jacket, bibs, and system gloves in NaturalGear. It's my new cold-weather bow hunting set up. Great stuff.

They just marked down the price again on the ArcticShield jackets (it's now $63.96).

ArcticShield Jackets

Still have a good selection of sizes in a couple different camo patterns including NaturalGear (my favorite). Word of advice is that I found that the jackets run big. I normally get an XXL in most outerwear and original ordered an ArcticShield jacket in that size, but it was roomier than I care for and I exchanged it for an XL which fits perfectly.

check your PM Nebraska.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has the arctic shield coat and what you think of it. I bow hunt 99% of the time, so I'd like to know how quiet and how bulky it is. I want the coat to be super quiet and not bulky(more of a slimmer fitting coat) so the coat doesn't get in the way when shooting.

Thanks for your help.

Xtec

Xtec, don't waste your money on the jacket if you want to bowhunt in it. For long range rifle shooting it might be ok, but it is VERY loud. The only time I wore it bowhunting it cost me a nice buck before I even got to draw my bow. It even cost me a doe during gun season. It's decent for keeping you warm, but not worth it in my opinion.

I've also got the coat, it's very warm but also louder than I would like. Seems the colder it get, the louder the jacket becomes.

Perfect! Thanks for the info Kat and IAbow. You don't know how much I appreciate the info. At least it saves me the time and $$ in shipping costs returning it back. ha, ha If the coat so much as makes a peep...I don't want it.

Thanks!

I'm certainly not trying to contradict the experiences of others, but personally I haven't found the AS gear to be "loud." I shot my buck this year literally right under my stand while early an AS coat and bibs, and I had to maneuver into position for what was a nearly-vertical shot, but didn't have any problems with noise from the clothing. Just my experience, though, and it may be different for others so it's worth considering all of the feedback that has been posted here.

Top Bottom