Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are the deer gonna move in this rainy weather?

Ried#3

Debating whether to sit this this crap or not. Raining pretty good off and on. They gonna be hunkered down?

I considered going out this morning just because my days to hunt are limited, but decided to save myself from the misery. I'll be out this afternoon as soon as the storm passes, hopefully they will be on their feet

The deer may be moving, but I'm not. It is pouring here with 20+ mph wind. Don't have a blind set up, so I will just wait it out.

No deer is worth me catching Pneumonia. I went out for an hour until I was soaked to the bone. Then said to heck with it and came home, took a hot shower and going to head out as soon as this storm passes. Should be a good one tonight with the cold weather coming tomorrow

AFA17C69-D329-4BF2-B3E5-675398E5DA3F-35834-0000204D7D37BE88.jpg

Calling for snow?

Didn't hunt this morning due to weather. Decided to drive around at first light instead and see if anything is moving...well drove a 2 mile square and saw 2 bucks that were 150-160". Have seen 4-5 other up an comer 3.5 year olds..needless to say I am NOW sitting on stand in this rain....I am an idiot!!!!!

I sat for a lil more than an hour this am before the downpour and headed in. Saw a shooter driving to and from the stand. I'll be back this afternoon no matter what. My wife thinks im a loser.

sat this morning saw a couple bucks nothing over 120 inches. Decided to leave when my stand, bow and well everything else became COVERED in ice. back at it this afternoon.

Got a late start this morning was miserable still for the 3 hours I sat! Like others have said, I have seen some big deer driving around this morning and yesterday for that matter.

In my opinion, unless a hot doe walks by I think it will be tough to find a big buck. They seemed to be more locked down than anything else right now.

Headed back out at 2:30. Not going to sit more than 2+ hours in this cold again tonight! My bow was covered in ice and man, was it dicey getting down out of the stand on my tree steps today!

I spent an hour on stand at sunrise and it wasn't raining yet. Saw mostly fawns moving around. I needed to stop by work, saw a buck bedded with a doe in the middle of a cut corn field on my way to town. I saw a buck locked down with a doe last Sunday as well.

Still plan on going out for an evening sit as all it takes is one big boy looking for his next girl friend and I'd also like to fill an antlerless LOT.

Hunted this morning until 10:30. Saw 2 big boys cruising in the rain but nothing in range. Got soaked to the bone. Went home and dried everything out and headed to a different spot for an evening sit.

I'm headed out soon. Really looking forward to the sit tonight. Ran just stopped, temps have dropped drastically since yesterday. I think its gonna be good!

Top Bottom