Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are the deer gonna move in this rainy weather?

Saw and heard absolutely nothing yesterday and today in Boone county. Not sure what happened, as Friday a rattled in a small 8 huffing and puffing and ready to fight. The next morning couldn't be more different.

Rain never really stopped here. I had to make a run to BPS for a new boat cover...mine finally gave up the ghost in the rain storm.

Slow slow slow. Hunted in Appanoose county and saw 4 does not a single buck tonight. Wore my rain gear in at 2 (still light rain) froze my butt off later on. Not nearly enough clothes on. Stupid thing is I have a brand new Sitka Fanatic bib's and coat in the truck. DUMB!

Got back in the stand at noon, sat for a half hour and had a shooter come in to 30 yards...behind me, in brush. Guess I learned the hard way to trim more shooting lanes. Pretty neat seeing a 160-170 inch 10 point at 12:30 in the afternoon.

Drove around and had 2 mature bucks checking does in bean and corn fields
15.jpg
09ht.jpg
09ax.jpg
16.jpg

I didn't make it out, but one of my buddies stuck a big 9 point this evening. He said it was with a doe, but came to his grunt calls and he slammed him at 12 yards. I think I'm going to give it a go. I would think all day tomorrow should be good?!?

I got out this afternoon at about 3:00. 6 does in the field by the time I got there. Around 4 or so, a 135" 9 came cruising through to check on the does. I rattled and grunted him in to about 20 yards from 200 where he started. Very tempted to shoot him especially after bringing him in like that. He ended up seeing me and bolted. I was hunting on the ground this time in a spot I wanted to try. Then just before a dark a HUGE bodied buck came tearing out into the field, checked all the does and ran off the opposite direction. He didn't care at all about me rattling. Never saw his rack, it was too dark, but man that guy was big! All told I saw 22 deer. Great evening sit!

Sat in my blind from 6-9 this morning and seen two small bucks and two does. Then sat out tonight and seen 3 more little bucks and one 130s 8 pointer. Came in running to the horns. Seen some chasing but havent seen any locked on does yet. Im sure its coming. I do know one thing, My Primos Club XXL sure did come in handy today. I could sit in that thing all day in the rain. All I need is a buddy heater and it will be my late season home. :way:

Top Bottom