Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are these the same buck????

Booner

Checked my cams this morning for the first time all year, been super busy with work and havent been able to get out. I put my cam up in a spot that produced alot of pictures last year early, to my surprise I didnt have as many pictures as I would have hoped for the length that the cam was out. When i started strolling through pictures on the laptop about 5 pictures in this joker showed up. At first I was 100% positive that it was a deer I was very familiar with from last year. During the 2010 season I easily had over 500 pictures of just this buck alone, he was on the property I hunt all summer and into the early part of bow season. After tagging out on Holloween I had my sites set on finding his sheds and dedicated alot of hours looking for them. With no success I was for sure he had been killed during gun season. Rumors had surfaced that he had been killed down the road by the neighbor during mid november. After spending the past couple hours looking at characteristics of the two I'm not for sure if they are in fact the same deer. Regardless this buck is going to be an absolute stud and I can't wait to see what he blows into. He's got alot of room to grow still.

Heres pictures of Jackpot from the 2010 season as of July 14, 2010

14ear6d.jpg

Here the new buck as of Yesterday

zl6c6t.jpg

If I had to guess i would say they are different deer but there is a possibility they are the same buck.

Different deer. Way to many things are not in the same places. Both are nice though!!!

brows look similiar but the kickers arent the same. Lets just say different that way you have 2 neat bucks walking around:D

Deer with some non typical points can change alot from year to year. wait till he gets larger before you know for sure

Different deer. The buck from last year is an older and bigger buck. Good luck this year and thanks for sharing!!

Different deer. The buck from last year is an older and bigger buck. Good luck this year and thanks for sharing!!

I'm a ferm believer in that with no history of a deer and just by looking at a trail cam pic during the summer its almost impossible to tell age. But based on getting pictures of the first buck I'd have to say he was most def only a 3.5yr old, had no signs of an old buck. This buck however if you were to put an age on him based on antler characteristics I'd put him at a 4.5 based on his mass and in some other pics he appears to have an older buck sway, along with a hunch in his back and that fatty sway in his lower neck. That's just my opinion though.

As for if there the same bucks, I'm still on the fences, but leaning more towards the fact it may be different bucks. Can't wait for the next pull to see how much more he grows over the next weeks.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom