Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are they done or whats going on?

S

S.CENTRAL IOWA BUCK

last two days they gobble till 7:30 or so then shut up. i know they should start back up when the Hens go to sit,11:00 or so, but yesterday they didnt or today. they hit the timber and shut up, they would come in quite . is anyone else having this problem? its not just were i hunt because i went two other places and talked to a guy that had the same happen to him . can anyone tell me what the heck is going on??????

Definetely starting to slow down. I took my daughter out a couple of mornings this week and although there's still some gobbling, it's not near what it was a week or more ago. Starting to act like 4th season already. Good luck!

The gobbling may be slowing down but the breeding season is far from complete. During peak breeding periods the Toms don't have to gobble as much as they are flooded with available hens. I'm not an expert turkey biologist, but my experience has been heavy gobbling as the breeding season starts and heavy gobbling as the breeding season tapers off. Try to hunt any grass fields in the area after gobbling stops and you will probalby find it with full strutt toms with a bunch of hens right now. Good Luck and don't get discouraged!

I tend to agree with Ghost Walker. It is the calm before the storm! One of the next few days it will be like someone turned on a switch!

thaks for the info hope the best is yet to come

Top Bottom