Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are you keeping warm?

Bukslayr

What do you guys use here for keeping warm in the stand. I have been using fleece thermal underwear. Been thinking about getting some Under Armour Cold Gear.
Is it worth it?
What do you guys use?

wife bought me an under armour cold gear long sleeve last year, i'm really impressed with it. i got it in 2XL because I can't stand that skin tight feeling.

if you're feeling froggy jump into the Gray Wolf Woolens boat. that order was worth every penny.

Last year I started getting cold so I bought an additional fleece face mask and fleece neck gator. Kinda hard to wear all that bowhunting so you wanna practice with it at first but for gun hunting (1st season was brutal!) Just kept covering my head and the neck gator helped out a lot too.

The only UnderArmor I have is the facemask. I really like it. It's surprisingly warm and fits tight to your face and dosen't get in the way of your bowstring. I can't bring myself too spend that much on the tops and bottoms though, and normal long johns work for me.

Dress in layers, carry warm insulated coveralls to your stand in a pack, and don't dress warmer than necessary to get to your stand. AVOIDING perspiring is the ticket. A full face warm camo stocking hat is a must. In extreme cold weather I also bring the icebreaker boots(sleeping bags for the feet) and once in the stand I remove my hunting boots and slip on the icebreakers with a foot warmer inserted. Bingo, I never get cold. I also wear an insulated socklike handwarmer(they have a name?) around my waist that allows my thin gloved hands to slip in and out of quietly.

The nice thing about Under Armour is when it is 20 below zero out and you gotta pee, you don't gotta dig through 20 layers of clothing to find it.
blush.gif
That in itself is worth the extra $$
grin.gif
The stuff rocks!!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The nice thing about Under Armour is when it is 20 below zero out and you gotta pee, you don't gotta dig through 20 layers of clothing to find it. That in itself is worth the extra $$ The stuff rocks!!!

[/ QUOTE ] I could really put a twist on that one but.... I like it as well. It also seems to wear very well and doesn't pill up. I have some that is three years old and like new.

Army Issue Polypropelene bottoms and a super thin layer of wool socks, with a thicker layer on top. then i wear a tight thermal top with a turtle neck. turtlenecks are key to staying warm imo, but layers are the key, no matter what you wear.

Under Amour Cold Gear...I love it!

The main thing is it's ability to wick moisture and keep you dry = warm.

I never had any issues with it feeling itchy...you guys sure the itchy feeling is from the Under Armour?
evil.gif

It actually gets pretty cold up here.
grin.gif

Neck Tube
Wool Outerwear over a wind suppressent coat.

I'm actaully too cheap..or too poor to invest in anything fancy.

Under Armour is worth the money, don't waste the money on the camo just go by the cold gear in brown or green or black and save yourself 15 to 20 bucks. I wore it last year for the first time and I have to say that I was very impressed on how dry and warm it kept me. I have wore the knock of stuff before, it works ok but not quite likethe UA.

Kratz

Under Armour Coldgear is amazing and worth every penny. I have a top and leggings and have used them through 2 winters. I have actually been able to reduce my layers by wearing this stuff. It will wick away every ounce of sweat away from your skin so you stay dry and warm. I have washed it numerous times and has yet to show signs of wear. I have never had it itch me at all. Once again, awesome stuff and am looking to get a set for my wife for this next deer season.

I also use heat packs in my boots and glomitts, fleece neck gaiter and facemask, fleece lined stocking cap and if its super cold and I'm in the blind....my Buddy Heater comes with me.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys use here for keeping warm in the stand?

[/ QUOTE ]

A small flask of blackberry brandy.
grin.gif

Another vote for the Polypropelene issued by the Military! Oh yeah for some of us it is FREE!!!!!!!

It is very warm, almost 2 warm for Iowa temps at times

[ QUOTE ]
Another vote for the Polypropelene issued by the Military!

[/ QUOTE ] Stuff works great and costs alot less than UA.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another vote for the Polypropelene issued by the Military!

[/ QUOTE ] Stuff works great and costs alot less than UA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. That is always my base layer.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys use here for keeping warm in the stand?

[/ QUOTE ]

A small flask of blackberry brandy.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
that's great antifreeze

Top Bottom