Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are you keeping warm?

This is for any of you guys that use UA. How does it size? I seem to be between an XL and a XXL with most of my clothes. Any suggestions?

Where do you get the polyproplene stuff
confused.gif

Secondly, on those unbearable cold mornings I use the footwarmers with the adhesive strip. I stick one on my middle layer of clothing about 6 inches under each arm and toward my back. One word, toasty.
grin.gif

Word of caution about the polypro stuff. If you put it in the dryer make sure you have it on the lowest setting as the synthetic material melts and seals all the wicking pores up. You really can't see too big a difference, but it feels stiffer and pills up. Turns it into a giant sweat suit. I learned this from experience. I ruined a set of polar weight thermals this way. I still wear 'em to remind me how stupid I was. Every time I shiver I cuss myself. I quit drying my polypro stuff and the static cling is bad too. I had three thickneses (light, medium and heavy weight) of polypro and when it got cold out I would layer them, they were impossible to put on due to the static cling. I'm going to try UA this year, but I won't throw out my other stuff yet.

The 'Bonker

on the sixe, xl should work for the bottoms. stuff is tight, but real stretchy. its almost too constrictive in the chest, for me. its just uncomfortable. doesn't bother me at all with the bottoms. i need to pick up another pair

[ QUOTE ]
confused.gif

Secondly, on those unbearable cold mornings I use the footwarmers with the adhesive strip. I stick one on my middle layer of clothing about 6 inches under each arm and toward my back. One word, toasty.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure you can get them at any Military Surplus store or if you have any one in the Military that can get you on to Camp Dodge or the Air Force Base by the air port they sell them in their BX stores.

Also I found them on Keystonecountrystore.com website and they run about $15 each or $30 set

Here is the web page
Poly Pro's

My military id is expired
crazy.gif

My main problem is my feet. I wear plain rubber boots with two pair of socks. I put a chem heating pad on the top of my toes and bottom of my toes in between the pair of socks. Does the trick.

Sure would be nice to have a pair of military mickey-mouse boots tho
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
confused.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about all Army surplus stores will have some....
they dont have a brand name on them, or a cool logo, and cost a fraction of what others might. but id put them up against any "higher end" long underware availible.
i hunted the North Dakota winter with them and never got cold!!

How does the poly stuff fit, as far as size wise. I'm 6'-4" about 215lbs, with a 34-36" waist (depening on before or after lunch) For those of you that use the stuff, would I need large or x-large?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'-4" about 215lbs, with a 34-36" waist...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bragging or complaining?

I'm 4'-24" about 205 (ona good day) 38" waist and I use XL. Plenty big, but Large would have been too tight for my taste.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom