Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are you serious?!

beararchery

It was about 6:45 when I heard some rustling straight in front of me in thick brush and pine trees. At first I didn't think about it but figured it was a coon because that is all I ever see walk on and out of there. I got a little curious of what it was because it didst sound like a coon.

Well just before this I had a little buck come in and I sat sideways on my stand cus my neck was hurting looking to my left (where the little buck was standing).

Well when I wanted to see what was coming through the thick stuff instead of just turning my head I turned my whole body. My legs where kind of hanging over the edge and didn't realize my boot was on a flimsy limb. When I got in the middle of the turn I noticed a shooter buck, but right when I saw the buck my boot got stuck on the limb making a big crack noise. The deer than froze and so did I but I knew I was busted. It was a good 5 minute staredown, before he turned around and bounced off.

I've been beating myself up over this one on the long ride home.

beararchery said:
It was about 6:45 when I heard some rustling straight in front of me in thick brush and pine trees. At first I didn't think about it but figured it was a coon because that is all I ever see walk on and out of there. I got a little curious of what it was because it didst sound like a coon.

Well just before this I had a little buck come in and I sat sideways on my stand cus my neck was hurting looking to my left (where the little buck was standing).

Well when I wanted to see what was coming through the thick stuff instead of just turning my head I turned my whole body. My legs where kind of hanging over the edge and didn't realize my boot was on a flimsy limb. When I got in the middle of the turn I noticed a shooter buck, but right when I saw the buck my boot got stuck on the limb making a big crack noise. The deer than froze and so did I but I knew I was busted. It was a good 5 minute staredown, before he turned around and bounced off.

I've been beating myself up over this one on the long ride home.

We dang! That sucks!

arrow flinger

Welcome to my world, i figure what can go wrong will go wrong, guess thats why they call it hunting and not killing

They're good at catching us when we are off our game.... I was playing the old Brick Attack game one morning several years ago on my cell phone when I caught a glimpse of a deer walking through my 10 yd shooting lane... looked up and it was a shooter 9 pt. He then turned and angled right at me. By this time he is 5 yds away from the base of my tree and I haven't even tried standing up or grabbing my bow yet. Stand squeaked when I stood and it was a staredown.. then he just turned and walked perfectly straight away keeping the trunk of the tree between him and I.. It's hard to be on full-alert all the time, especially on an all-day sit, but it WILL bite you in the Arse if you're not. If I would have had a hammer in my hand, that phone would have been in a million pieces.

Crap! Sounds like you didn't spook him too bad. Same thing happened to me last season. Stay postive, 9 days after it happened I killed the buck in the same spot.

Top Bottom