Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arizona Archery Elk

Woehlk

Aim Small Miss Small
I just submitted my second application for an Arizona Archery Elk tag, and was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to draw and hunt? The zones I've put in for are 6A, 5A, 5B North, 5B South, and 7 West. I've got family in the area that plan to take me out whenever I finally get drawn in the next 3-10 years I guess. Just wanted to hear any success stories about length of time people have put in, and how long I can expect on waiting?

I just submitted my second application for an Arizona Archery Elk tag, and was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to draw and hunt? The zones I've put in for are 6A, 5A, 5B North, 5B South, and 7 West. I've got family in the area that plan to take me out whenever I finally get drawn in the next 3-10 years I guess. Just wanted to hear any success stories about length of time people have put in, and how long I can expect on waiting?

I live in Flagstaff and have spent quite a bit of time in all of those units, except 7W. You have a better chance of drawing 6A before the others by the sheer number of tags allotted, but they are all good units. Our bonus point and lottery system is like a raffle: the more points you have, the better your chances, but you can draw with one point. I have several buddies who know those areas, too. I'm happy to help any way I can. Good luck!

Hunted in that area 3 times and helped friends for another 5 seasons very cool place should be on everyone's list. I recommend joining the Hunting Fool for a better sense of draw odds and current unit quality. Units like 7 west only draw early archery as a nonresident if you make the max point pool. Very different hunting there with the intense amount of pressure but still fun. Hope to be in that area this fall applying with 8 points. Good luck in the draw.

AZ Hunter, If you had to recommend 2 units, regardless of #nonresident points needed, to have best chance at >350" archery bull --- what would they be?

AZ Hunter, If you had to recommend 2 units, regardless of #nonresident points needed, to have best chance at >350" archery bull --- what would they be?

If I had to pick two units regardless of points, I'd go for Unit 9 or 3C, but 22N or 23N are other top choices. I don't have that kind of patience, though. There are plenty of units with 350"+ bulls here in AZ.

If you applied with a credit card you can find out if you drew a tag by checking your credit card for pending charges from AZ Game And Fish. My card got hit on Friday so good luck.

Top Bottom