Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arizona Elk Photos

Congrats! That is a awesome bull...great pics and story, too. My buddy and I have put in for Arizona elk tags a couple of times with no luck getting drawn....we haven't tried for a couple of years...but, I think we'll put in for a tags next year
wink.gif
grin.gif
! Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiousity, what broadhead did you use?

Good luck in zone 5 this fall.

TB

two beards,

Funny you ask about equipment. I should put that in the story. I used a Thunderhead 100, Gold Tip XT's 55/75, Hoyt Intruder bow 62#. Complete pass through from 40 yards.

The past 3 years I've had bad shoulder pain from the rotator shooting a 72#PSE. I switched to my son's bow for this trip.

Zim,

Tough to beat those Thunderheads, I've taken several javilina's at long distances and still got complete pass throughs. I'm shooting 4-blade Muzzy's this fall, but still have some Thunderheads just in case
wink.gif
. Congrats again!

TB

I am shooting much better since going to carbons. They are much more forgiving at the longer yardages.

Thought I was going to have to use expandables but was able to get my bow centershot and group my Thunderheads very tight out to 50 yards. Was very confident for the elk shot. Only thing was he jumped the string and my shot was almost too high.

Top Bottom