Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

arm pains

D

Drop em'

well i just got my new bow, parker buckshot, and i was psyced(or however you spell it) and i have been puling it back alot. The first 15 times i shot it i was pulling back with ease, but now i have gotten arm pains(in my upper arm near the tricept), and i can no longer pull it back with the realease, and barley with my fingers. Has anyone experienced this? or have any idea what could be going on?

How long has it been since you last pulled a bow? To me, it sounds as if your muscles are strained after not using them for awhile. A little ice, and time, and you'll be ready to go.

last time i pulled it back was today...but it was hard...im thi8nking i should just stop and see if it gets better, but i dunno
confused.gif
confused.gif

When something hurts you gotta give it time to heal. I'd lay off it for a few days.

Take a break Young Gun.

You might be pullin to much bow weight too. Maybe turn the weight down a little until your muscles get adjusted and built up.

I hope ya heal up!

great advice. Another thing to remember is to roll your shoulder over when you draw, your not trying to pull the bow with your forearm you want it a smooth rolling motion.

Yeah, what those guys said. Drawing a bow uses muscles that arent used in most activities. I've seen some pretty strong guys struggle to pull back a 60lb bow because they have never done it before. Your back muscles should be doing alot of the work also, dont use just your shoulder.

Also make sure you lock out your shoulders in the back. Flex your shoulders and hold it, it will really help you have a solid draw. You'll be sore its just like working out, you're using muscles your body isn't used to using.

Top Bottom