Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Broadheads??

Ive posted a broadhead deal on here b4 about expandables... but im just curious as to wat all of you use.. so tha if i ever felt like switchin... what to use or not use??? I use muzzy's and theirs nothin wrong at all with them... i just would like to know what all of u guys use?? thanx!

~Alex~

I hear the G5 Montecs come very dull when they first come out of the box and not very well constructed.. i was readin that one guy shot a deer and it hit the bone breaking the tip of the G5... so idk... can u sharpin it pretty easily?? and is it overall a good broadhead??

100 grain Magnus Snuffer SS
One piece of stainless steel-flys great and so far seems pretty tough.

[ QUOTE ]
I hear the G5 Montecs come very dull when they first come out of the box and not very well constructed.. i was readin that one guy shot a deer and it hit the bone breaking the tip of the G5... so idk... can u sharpin it pretty easily?? and is it overall a good broadhead??

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently when the Montecs first came out there were some complaints about them not being super sharp out of the package. My understanding is that G5 made some changes in the sharpening and improved the sharpness. When I got mine, I touched them up with a diamond stone just to ensure that everything was razor sharp. Hunted with them all season and didn't end up firing a shot (other than in practice), so I can't report on what kind on damage they did to a deer.

I use the G5 Montechs too. Both deer that I shot had complete pass throughs and died within site of my tree stand. I bought the first ones last year and did have to touch them up with a stone. This year I bought some and they needed no work.

Nebraska is correct. The originals needed to be made razor sharp. The new ones are already scary sharp out of the box. This head has been out for a good number of years, has a good track record with kills.

[ QUOTE ]
Jak Hammers

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto.
waytogo.gif

I shoot 100 grain rocket steel heads, great broadhead but after watching MUDDY put a hurting on the deer with the Rocket Hammerheads (2" cutting diameter) I may be switching, ask him for some pictures of the holes he has been putting in them

[ QUOTE ]
100 gr thunderheads

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats what I use. Have thought a little of trying to Jackhammers, since a lot of guys on here like them.

I still am a firm believer in Muzzy broadheads but made a switch a few years ago to Rocket Hammerheads. The 4 bladers has some penetration issues but the 3 bladers have worked phenomenal this year. I shot my 10th and 11th doe yesterday morning and damn near severed the leg just below where it attaches at the shoulderblade on the one. Knocked through the opposite ribs before stopping, she went nowhere.

Main thing is having faith in your equipment, each and every broadhead that has been mentioned will do the job if it's put through the boiler room. Get your bow tuned up right and try a few different heads, I know that's what I had to do. Good luck in your search.

Top Bottom