Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Broadheads??

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you have any trouble with the Jak Hammers not opening?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any rumor that goes around saying expandables don't open is pretty much BS in my opinion. The arrow slams through the deer and hits the dirt on the other side, the stopping of the arrows momentum flips the blades back forward and makes it LOOK like they didn't open. I've had 9 pass throughs with my Hammerheads and none of them were open when I picked them back up. At first I thought something was sorta up, but with a 2 inch hole on each side of the rib cages my fears were soon put to rest.

[ QUOTE ]
Any rumor that goes around saying expandables don't open is pretty much BS in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked in a doe for the city hunt this year that was shot with an expandable that didn't open. She needed two arrows, the first wound looked like a puncture on both sides, the second wound looked good. 50/50 odds worked that time. He said he was switching back to Thunderheads.

Have any of you guys shooting fast setups tried the Woodsman head? It has a low profile, just seems like it would work well at high speeds. I've tipped over quite a few with them and don't ever plan on changing heads again.

[ QUOTE ]
Main thing is having faith in your equipment, each and every broadhead that has been mentioned will do the job if it's put through the boiler room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, we could all suggest different broadheads until we're blue in the face, but when it comes down to it they'll all do their job as long as you do yours.

Muddy,

Thats a really good point.. i just want a great broadhead that will never let me down.. now im not sayin the muzzy's arent great.... i have a lot of faith in the muzzy's.. but i would just like to experiment with different broadheads and narrow down to one great broadhead type! But thank you soo much for all of your responses! ill ttyl fellas!

~Alex~

Shot muzzys for years now slick trick is the only way to go! almost twice the S.S. blade thickness, one piece ferral, and shoot the same as fld points to 50, 60 yds. I could should them 3-d with my Mathews Apex! They are 4 blade, 1-1/8 cut that makes a square hole as big as a ten gauge slug would. AWSOME!

Top Bottom