Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow help

cybball

My 9 year old son shoots a Browning Micro Midas 2. I finally bought him some PSE Carbon arrows last night. They are 200 gr. What weight field points would you guys suggest. I figured 100 would be too much. I thought about 75's, but thought I would ask around first. He's shooting near 40lbs right now. I need to put it on a scale though. We got it in December 04 and it was at 35. I cranked each bolt 2 turns since.
Thanks for any help you can give. He may be going to the tournament this weekend in Stuart and I would like to get him all ready to go.

100's should work just fine. Chances are they are a little more readily available as well.

Good. I picked up some 100's at the time for extras for myself. Looks like he's set then. Thanks. He's going to be excited to have some "real" arrows now. Thanks very much for the help.

I would say 100's would work...however a 90gr muzzy 4 blade might be a little better choice. I say that because when i was younger, much younger, i had a similar set up that i killed an elk with at 10 yards. my setup was with a 90 grain muzzy 4 blade shooting 40#. This might be something to consider...

Thanks. Wow, an elk with 40lbs. Says a lot for the broadhead you used. He won't hunt with it until next fall and I'll have him cranked up to 45 by then but I'll see how the 100 points work for now.

Top Bottom