Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Input

buckdropper

I am on the market for some new arrows again this year. I usually buy a couple dozen at a time so it's been a couple years since I last purchased some. What are everyone's recommendation for good, high quality hunting arrows? I've been shooting Gold Tip XT's and they've worked well, but I feel a little out of the loop on the latest and greatest arrows...I'd love to hear some opinions.
Thanks.

I look at the tolerances on the straightness and weight of the arrows more than the name. Straightness can vary from .001" to over .005" on different arrows. I think that the straighness of the arrow is the most important. Gold Tip makes the Pro Hunter that have a staightness of .001" and 1 gram per dozen. If you're not sure what .001" is. Your hair is about .004" in diameter. I'm no expert but I think the straighter your arrows are flying the more accurate they'll be and your arrow speed should be sustained farther. Hope that helps.

I'm a big fan of the Easton ST Epics. Moderately priced with a .003 straightness factor, they are the perfect blend of function and value IMO. I don't go for anything camo either, just the standard black has served me well for years. Something about the high end, super stealth, tactical, 3-D camo arrows fletched with the brightest chartreuse and blaze orange vanes money can buy never added up to me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom