Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

arrow question

i just brought a bow what kind of arrows shoot the best?what shafts do you guys use? what are some arrows you guys shoot? trying to find out what arrows to get when i do get the bow.any ideas what too shoot or not shoot?where do you guys buy all your arrows and supplies from?

I shoot Gold Tip Pro Hunters. They've worked great for me.
A lot of good arrows out there now.
Stop in at your local archery shop, I'm sure they have a lot of different brands that you can look at and will help you out.

I shoot Easton Carbon Excels with 2" blazers and they shoot great. Like Full Quiver said there are a ton of arrows out there that will do the trick. What kind of bow did you end up with? And watch out this is all really addictive
grin.gif

Stick to carbon arrows. I would suggest starting with feathers as they are more forgiving to shooter error than vanes and certainly more than short vanes.

Just my .02 worth.

Dean

i brought the old bow from the guy i went deer hunting with its a pse i think .hes buying the new matthews switchback.. yeah i now its very addictive im finding out..lol
laugh.gif

Are you sure it is the correct draw length for you.
To properly find correct arrow "spine" you need to figure, poundage that you will be pulling, draw length you will be shooting, some arrow manufacturers are even going to throw in speed, or fps your bow shoots, to figure out correct arrow spine.
When you look at a arrow chart the top # is length of arrow not length of draw.

Reason I say this because I shoot a 29" draw and shoot a 28" arrow. This is so I can get a little stiffer arrow for my set up. Works for me not for all.

Depends on how much money you have to spend. Fred Bear use to say that as long as your arrow has a straightness factor of .006 or less you'll be fine. So I just buy the cheap carbon furys from bass pro at .006 and they kill deer for me just fine. Lets me put more money into other bow accesories which is also a plus.

Top Bottom