Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Question

Well, with my GoldTips it'd be the 5575 arrow variety and probably cut off to around 29 inches? Tough to tell without seeing your set up and how much clearance you'd get with the broadhead. Some guys cut the arrow off out past the riser, others get it within 1/8 of an inch of the rest.

That work or are you looking for something more specific?

Now that I think of it, I have a 29 inch draw and I think my arrows are around 27 inches as well...

Thanks. I was just wondering if I am shooting a shaft with enough spine to it. I read somewhere that if you left-tear when paper tuning, then you may need to be using a stiffer arrow. My arrows seem to left tear quite a bit....anything else that I may be doing wrong, or am I over thinking this one a bit?

With a 28" arrow most charts would put you with a 340 spine but with a 27" arrow you'd be 400 spine.

Basically your borderline. You can either try a 340 spine arrow and see if the tear goes away but it might be easier to just turn your bow down to 64-65lbs and see if it goes away.

In my experience I can usually get arrows that are right on the border between spines to tune regardless. I would guess your either getting contact or your centershot is off.

What bow, rest, and arrow are you shooting? How long are your arrows from nock groove to insert?

My old Q2 needs 7595 GT's to shoot right (not meaing right/left), but it bottomed out at 73# -- your bow might be bottomed out at plus 70# too, most bows do, if string stretch isn't a problem.

Top Bottom