Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

arrow question

If you add weight to your arrow you bow speed will drop. You will keep about the same amount of kenitic energy. The only thing you will add by shooting a heaver arrow is more "inertia" (Objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless acted on by a equal or greater force) There for you will get better penitration.

I never knew that wraps added spine. I use them for the simple fact that they help the feathers adhere better to the arrow shaft- no other real reason.

Kinetic energy is combo of speed and weight. Heavier does a better job of "absorbing" the energy from the bow but it is not significant enough with the weights you are talking and the slight loss of speed with heavier is something you might not want.

Wraps do not change spine. They do add weight to the tail end of the arrow which changes the front of center (FOC), but again, probably an insignificant amount.

Kinetic energy is combo of speed and weight. Heavier does a better job of "absorbing" the energy from the bow but it is not significant enough with the weights you are talking and the slight loss of speed with heavier is something you might not want.

Wraps do not change spine. They do add weight to the tail end of the arrow which changes the front of center (FOC), but again, probably an insignificant amount.

Although insignificant in my opinion, arrow wraps will, technically speaking, increase spine, just as adding weight to your broadhead will weaken it.

While KE may in fact be equal in two set ups, penetration will not be as often MOMentum, favoring the heavier arrow will maintain its characteristics longer and further down range, thus yielding better penetration. Every set up is different though :)

Although insignificant in my opinion, arrow wraps will, technically speaking, increase spine, just as adding weight to your broadhead will weaken it.

While KE may in fact be equal in two set ups, penetration will not be as often MOMentum, favoring the heavier arrow will maintain its characteristics longer and further down range, thus yielding better penetration. Every set up is different though :)

Sorry, I guess I was talking about the static spine. You are correct about the dynamic spine. Arrow length, broadhead weight, nocks, inserts, fletching, wraps, draw weight, draw length, type of cams, brace height, etc., they ALL affect it.

Sorry, I guess I was talking about the static spine. You are correct about the dynamic spine. Arrow length, broadhead weight, nocks, inserts, fletching, wraps, draw weight, draw length, type of cams, brace height, etc., they ALL affect it.

True :way:

2 different 7595 shafts. The black finish are 8.9 grain per inch the camo are 10.2 grain per inch. It may be splitting hairsbut am curious if either one would be better? I'm leaning towards the camo because I've never splurged on camo arrows before, added weight is just a bonus.

Muddy, the only thing I've found with camo arrows is that they seem to be louder as they drag across the rest. Just something with the finish compared to all black ones.
You could go with FMJs, they are 10.2 grains in black.

Muddy, I shoot about the same settup as you, and have found the 75-95 to be more consistent. I went to camo arrows one year and had a big nine spook at the sound of my arrow on my rest. I will now only shoot black ones; cheaper, smoother and easier to find as well as pull from targets. 100 grain fixed heads shoot like darts. 70lbs,27 1/2 inch, 29 inch draw, 100 grains. Good luck!

I have a guardian and before my elk hunt I bought gold tip 7595s and the dang things wouldn't fly worth a darn for me. Really really sucked because I just bought a dozen went and shot them and couldn't get them to do nothing after a few days then turned around and bought a dozen of the 5575s I had been shooting and perfect darts again. 72lbs 28.5inch arrow.

Top Bottom