Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow question

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
My son wants to buy some carbon express mayhem arrows. His draw weight falls between the 250 and 350. Do you move up or go down? He shoots 100 gr. broadheads.

I'm guessing the 350's are a heavier spined arrow........they would be a little slower but would produce more kinetic energy. There's also a FOI ( front of center ) calculation to take into consideration, but if he's shooting 100gr heads it shouldn't be an issue, not to mention that it's easier to grow into a heavier spined arrow than it is a lighter one providing his draw length doesn't change.

I think Jamie is spot on with his recommendation. I have always read that if your a "tweener" to go with the heavier/stiffer option.

I just bought some new CE arrows and I was on the line as well And I was told go with the heavier you might shoot slower but if you change draw weight or length you will haxve to get heavier spines...... I like the way critter put it its easier to grow in to heavier arrows then lighter ones.

I agree.....I always tend to go to a stiffer arrow if I am close to being underspined.

A stiff arrow is much easier to tune then an underspined one.....trust me on that!!! ;)

Top Bottom