Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

arrow question

spitndrum

yella acern
I got my gold tips in the mail today and on the package it said "nocks are not glued on they must be aligned with the rest and then glued" (not exact but close enough to what it said). is this really true? they are pre cut and inserted. all the arrows i have shot before have had nocks that would turn if you turned the arrow.

IMG_0008-1.jpg

i've always got mine "adjusted" and put a small drop of super glue on them so the knocks don't turn. There's nothing worse than fletching rubbing strings or a rest and causing a botched shot.

i've always got mine "adjusted" and put a small drop of super glue on them so the knocks don't turn. There's nothing worse than fletching rubbing strings or a rest and causing a botched shot.

its a mathews with a drop away so i dont think i'll have a problem with that :grin: haha jk thanks i'll do that.

ok i went and shot and each arrow kicked the back end around to the left before hitting the target. the rest, stirng, and sight are perfectly alligned. i didnt have this problen with my other arrows. any ideas?

I've heard a couple horror stories from guys that didn't glue their nocks. One guy had a bruiser in front of him and when he shot the arrow dropped about 10 feet from the tree, the nock had stayed stuck in the string for some reasons. He swears he'd never had the problem before either. His hunting buddy catches wind of the story and doesn't let him live it down. Less than 2 weeks later the exact same thing happens to him. Not sure if the expansion/contaction due to heat/cold of being outdoors had something to do with it but I don't risk it. Glue those babies :D

OK i glued the nocks and shot again. the arrow still kicks out but it hit dead center at 30 yards and went all the way through the shooting bag so im not too concerned about it.

uhh is the spine the shaft? and its sighted in.

The spine is not the shaft exactly. The spine is the flexibility in the shaft. To heavily spined of an arrow will kick left normaly, and to light of a spined arrow will kick to the right. Your spine is determined by your draw length and your draw weight. There should be a graph on the back or the side of the box to help you determine what arrow spine you should be shooting based on your draw length and draw weight.

The spine is not the shaft exactly. The spine is the flexibility in the shaft. To heavily spined of an arrow will kick left normaly, and to light of a spined arrow will kick to the right. Your spine is determined by your draw length and your draw weight. There should be a graph on the back or the side of the box to help you determine what arrow spine you should be shooting based on your draw length and draw weight.

im shooting 5575's at 72lbs and 28.5". if i lower my draw weight will that help?

Thanks

Based on the gold tip chart I found on their website, your arrows are border line @ 72lbs. Try going down to 70 or 68 lbs and see if that helps.

That is underspined for that setup. Drop it down to 65lbs and papertune and walkback tune and see if that helps.

First though make sure your bow is in specs and your cam is timed correctly.

i'll try letting it down tomorow. my dad has the same setup on a z7 60lb and it shoots straight as an arrow....

Top Bottom