Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow rest question...

Jethro

I have been looking at new arrow rests and after much debating about which arrow rest to buy i decided to go with a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. My question though is do i need a short mount or long mount? And also on the micro adjust model does that make it easier to set-up and tune or is it not really necessary. I have never had a drop away rest before so maybe some of you guys that shoot this kind of rest can give me some input. Thanks

Jethro as far as the mount it may depend on your bow and/or where you actually want the rest to sit.In some cases the long mount may stick out infront of the bow if you decide to keep the rest foward,where in this case you'd want the short mount.I'd take the bow with you when you purchase one, then you could decide which mount to get depending where you want the rest,and how the mounts fit for your bow.I have the original Trophy Taker which did not offer the micro adjustable feature at that time.It would be nice for fine tuning in small increments,and easier,but not necessary.Depends if you really want the micro which alot do,and if you want to pay the extra.Either way it's an excellent rest,which I think you'll be very happy with.

I have a Trophy Taker and when you get it all plumbed up it does help.If you notice your arrows starting to drop or come up and your sight is true,you can adjust it in small increments to raise or lower the rest.Arrowsmith would be a really good person to ask.There are a few guys that work in Proshops on here.Supertec would be another good person to talk too.The adjustments also will help you to adjust the tension of the rest to stiffen it up or soften it up depending on the weight of your arrows.I would talk to Arrowsmith or Supertec they could answer your question beter than me.Hope I helped you out though,Good Luck.

Jethro, the longer bracket is available if you want an overdraw option. The short bracket is by far the most popular, and works for most applications. The micro adjustment feature makes fine tuning a piece of cake, but whether its worthy of your extra hard-earned dollar is up for you to decide. The regular TT has engraved marks on the rest so it can be easily adjusted without the micro-tuning knob. Either way, you can't go wrong. The TT is really one of the easier rests to adjust/tune on the market. Good choice, and good luck!

I knew you would be here Arrowsmith.You know you're stuff for bein a pup.Young un I mean.You know your stuff.
grin.gif

Believe me,between you and Steve(sr.) I am learning plenty.You two help me out alot and it is much appreciated.Thanks bud.

Top Bottom