Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow rest

Lwadzie

Lwadzie
I currently own a mathews mission, like the bow but hate the rest. I have a whisker buiscut on and notice arrow drift all the time with it, I dont shoot tight groups very often. Next year im buying a new bow and was wondering what a good rest would be? Im thinking either a hostage pro rest or possible a drop away rest. Ive heard good and bad about both. Any opinions or pros/cons of either?

I would go with the tri van pro or the original. they are a full containment with a drop away. I have used the original for 4 years and currently switched to the pro and they have worked great. Very easy to adjust to.

Not a fan of hostage style, if all the bristles don't touch the shaft, more room for tourque IMO! Plus the bristles wear out fast! That being said my QAD has definately tightened my groups by 2-4 inches. Also heard good things about the Ripcord Code Red and Shaeffer Drop Away, I just like Qad for my setup, plus lifetime warranty and customer service is good!

EDIT: Drop away rests should have the cord served in to ensure timing stays put!

Last edited:
Not a fan of hostage style, if all the bristles don't touch the shaft, more room for tourque IMO! Plus the bristles wear out fast! That being said my QAD has definately tightened my groups by 2-4 inches. Also heard good things about the Ripcord Code Red and Shaeffer Drop Away, I just like Qad for my setup, plus lifetime warranty and customer service is good!

EDIT: Drop away rests should have the cord served in to ensure timing stays put!

I agree with the first part, but will go opposite on the rest of choice. I have heard great things about the QAD, but love my Ripcord Code Red. Same great customer service and my groups tightened way up when I switched from a Trophy Taker, even.

And yes, have the cord served in.

keep the bow, and just get a drop away rest. also, if you are getting that much drift, you are probably not following through with your shot. if you are having issues with your form, new equipment won't fix things

teeroy said:
keep the bow, and just get a drop away rest. also, if you are getting that much drift, you are probably not following through with your shot. if you are having issues with your form, new equipment won't fix things

My shooting is fine, im shooting 3 arrows in a 5 inch group, I shot a friends bow, same setup, only had a drop away and at 30 yards i was shooting 3 arrows, about 3 inch group. Also, im not buying a new bow because it will change my shooting, i just wanna switch to hoyt because i like them better and want something a little smoother and faster, then just keep my old bow for backup

rest

The quads are nice. I prefer the Limbdriver myself. Easy to set up and very accurate and reliable.

Top Bottom