Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrows&Broadheads

Blaster

PMA Member
I was thinking of buying some new arrows & Broadheads for fall. What is everyone planning on using this fall?

G5 Striker Magnum broadheads. I used the smaller diameter striker broadheads last season and they lit deer up! Anything Easton carbon is going to treat you pretty well in my opinion....

I'm going back with Easton Axis. I was not impressed with the Goldtips. I am also throwing away the Rage 2 blades and going back to a fixed blade. Decided to support a fellow Kansan and KBA member and bought some Magnus stinger buzzcuts.

I've been using GoldTip arrows since 2001 and love them. Started on the Hunter series and now shoot the Pro series. Tip them with Rocket Hammerheads now and can't complain.

Depending on what bow I'm toting on a given day, if shooting woods it will be Ramin wood shafts with Tusker Aztecs.
If shooting bamboo shafts, I'll be using steel trade points or stone.

P1010002.jpg

100_0497.JPG

Just like Jess, my 07 buck fell to a G5 striker - 100 grains. I might try out some G5 Tekans (but I have no complaints at all with the Strikers - super sharp blades). I shot CE Maximas last season for the first time and will stick with them next season.

I wonder if i take a shed to the bar one night and get pics with hot girls all over it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Then post that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going back with Easton Axis. I was not impressed with the Goldtips. I am also throwing away the Rage 2 blades and going back to a fixed blade. Decided to support a fellow Kansan and KBA member and bought some Magnus stinger buzzcuts. </div></div>

I was thinking of trying the Magnus stingers this year.

I'm going to stick with waht's working for me. Gold tip pro's and 100 grain Wasp Jack Hammers. Had great results with this set-up this last fall.

I just switched all my bows to Beman MFX Classic shafts. They are the small diameter design (like AXIS)but have a special coating over them. It brings up shaft weight a little (400's are 10.4 GPI) along with giving them strength. I picked up some brass HIT inserts from 3 Rivers, the finished arrows with 200 grain tips are at 615 grains. They penetrate like a hot knife in butter and are the toughest carbon shaft I've seen to date. Couldn't be more pleased.

I've bounced around to quite a few different heads, but none have done a better job for me than Woodsman's.

Like Jethro, I'm sticking with what has been working. I just received my order of 100 grain Wasp Jakhammers and a pack of replacement blades for my older Jakhammers. They are already on my Easton arrows for spring turkey season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justhunt87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maxima Hunters with 2 Blade Rage!</div></div>

Can't go wrong with that setup. Its a little spendy but well worth it. Make sure you put 2" blazers on those shafts too!!!

Easton FMJ's with G5 strikers most likely or magnus stingers. Tried out the Tekkan II's on two deer in the same day last year and was not impressed with blood trails and both deer were shot through heart/lungs right on the money with no extreme angles or anything. The expandable part of the blades didn't open on impact. I don't even think they did much at all. Never shoulda strayed from the 2 blades I think.

Top Bottom