Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrows; who has had one explode??

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
In September of this year, I had this Beeman arrow explode upon release. I was not injured ;thankfully the arrow flew everywhere. I never shoot groups as I hate to damage arrrows and I had just shot this arrow two times before it exploded. I feel that the arrow wasn't nicked or damaged but just gave out after several years of shooting. Since then, I have switched to A/C/C arrows since they are a carbon wrapped aluminum shaft. I love these arrows and feel better about the safety of these. Just curious as to whether anybody has had this happen or know anybody that has.
blownarrow2zm2yg6.jpg

blownarrow3up6re9.jpg

blownsight2wh3ut0.jpg

blownsightaf8zo1.jpg

Never had one of my Gold Tips explode nor have I ever seen one explode.

This photos and a couple of others were making the rounds awhile back on the various archery forums. Don't know any details about it:
ArrowHand.jpg

Yea, I think the whole archery forum world has seen that photo, thanks for posting again for those who haven't. When mine exploded that could have been me very easily.

Never had an arrow explode on me (knock on wood) but I have had a nock bust on release and that isn't a good time either.

never had one blow up, but i've caused a couple to blow up before.
1314robinood_06-med.jpg

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/535/1314robinhood_06_II-med.bmp[/image]

i believe the conversation was as follows:

teamtrx "i hit it perfect, just aim for my arrow"
teeroy "ok"
teeroy's tribute "THWACK"
teeroy "dude, you told me to!"

shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
never had one blow up, but i've caused a couple to blow up before.
1314robinood_06-med.jpg

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/535/1314robinhood_06_II-med.bmp[/image]

i believe the conversation was as follows:

teamtrx "i hit it perfect, just aim for my arrow"
teeroy "ok"
teeroy's tribute "THWACK"
teeroy "dude, you told me to!"

shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

No this was the real conversation

TRX: "I hit it perfect, aim for my arrow"

Teeroy- "O.K."

TRX- "Troy you need to open yor eyes"
TRX- "No seriously Troy OPEN YOUR EYES."

TeeRoys Tribute- "THWACK"

TeeRoy-"dude you told me to."

TRX- "If you would have opened your eyes this wouldn't have happened."

yeah, right. i've taken out 2 of his arrows (and one of my own). i believe i've taken a nock and a vane of those little darts you shoot

punk

Top Bottom