Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrows with GPS

SWIADEERHNTR

Come 'on Next Season....
I've seen around on the old interweb there are few attempts at making your arrow traceable via GPS, or radio transponder. Anybody ever actually used or tried this?

I shot a buck this past November and followed good blood (both sides of trail, entry and exit) until it magically stopped. Looked everywhere and never did find the deer. Such a terrible feeling especially since he would've been my first buck with a bow!

I could see my arrow/lighted nock buried to the fletching right behind his front leg and it was in him until he was out of sight. My guess is he did die eventually based on the shot and blood trail but who knows where.

Just thought this technology might be helpful in recovering an animal in a situation like this. Even if the arrow falls out, its location would still give you a data point as to the location or direction the deer was heading.

I'm not even sure if this technology would be legal or not. Sounds like some think it would encourage poor shots but my opinion is people that are willing to take marginal shots will do that anyways unfortunately.

What are you thoughts?

I have had very few deer where the arrow stays in very long. If I don't get pass through it usually gets pulled out after the deer runs through some thick stuff. I guess it might help in a few cases but the majority of the time I don't see that it would be a big advantage. I do like the lighted nocs because it helps you see where you hit the deer and it also helps with arrow recovery after the shot. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom