Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

arrows

All around great hunting arrow, try the new Carbon Express Maxima Hunter... these are great arrows.

You are probably going to come out even on people telling you to shoot gold tips, Carbon expresses, or bemans. Figure out ones you would like the best, check straightness factor and spine weight for your draw lenth and draw weight and see what works best for your set up. I have shot both Beman ICS Hunter and The CX Maximas (which I just switched to) and I cant tell the difference yet. But I only hunt with them also.

I have shot both the Beman ICS Hunters and just purchased the Carbon Express Maximas and personally I cant tell a difference. I went with the CX because they are lighter per inch and supposedly straighter. They are also more expensive. Try buying one of each that you like and try them out on your setup.

I've had the Gold Tip XT's on my scale and seen a 10 grain varience in a doz arrows. From what I've heard the Carbon Express are much more consistent in their mid range priced arrows.

Also hear the high end Gold Tips are excellent. Maybe someone can confirm that.

RBB I have also heard that about the GT know that you have mentioned it and their inside diameters were also different. Dont know about the high end GT that claim to be .001 straightness factor and less then 1 grain difference between a dozen arrows

I've got 1 dozen of those Gold Tip Pro Hunters the Bwhntr4life is talking. They are really nice, but run about $90 a dozen. I use those only for hunting and shoot some less expensive Gold Tip hunters for target practice.

Port Oxford cedar if you can get good stuff. It straightens easily but is fairly expensive. Raminwood Is heavier and is harder to straighten but is quite a bit less expensive. Works good for me.
Wood is just a younger version of carbon.
grin.gif

Seriously, I've heard good things about Stalker Extremes from Cabelas.

I have been very pleased with the Beman ICS 400 shafts I have used over the last 5 Season's. I am thinking about trying the Beman Black Max arrows or the Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets.

I was back and forth and up and down with everything from beman ICS hunters to axis to 2213 to 2315 to A/C/Cs and finally bougth a dozen Gold Tip Pros 75/95s and I will not be switching anytime soon. Those arrows tipped with jak hammers are going to be in my quiver for a long time...
waytogo.gif

GoldTip makes a great product. The "mid range" ones are the XT's, I've shot them for about 4 years now.

I have shot the stalker extreme's from Cabela's and for a very cheap arrow they are really decent. I also shoot the GT's and have been very happy.

I am currently shooting the Goldtip ProHunters 55/75.... for the 'world's toughest arrow' I am a little disappointed. I routinely shoot in my basement at night,... recently shot into a soft spot in my Block target and got complete penetration of the tip enough that it hit the concrete wall that the target was against. The field tip curled some but the shaft tip end showed no sign of damage... but then I noticed that the nock end split about 1 inch down the shaft
frown.gif
at $10 a finished shaft that hurt .....
mad.gif

Hey Weirdo. I'm looking at new arrows too. Mark says the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter is the way to go Wanna split a dozen with me and try them out??

Looks like seiowastrutter endorses them too!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom