Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

As Seen on TV

BOWSTRING

Well got out and set up a little after 5am Saturday morning. Had a struttin Jake with 2 hens. This is the same spot the boy missed his turkey during second season and I've always had turkeys come in the other times I've sat here but haven't been able to seal the deal. Well this looked like an add from a comercial. About 7am like clock work 3 birds show up 1 nice tom 2 jakes. The tom see's the deeks and charges into them at 10 yards. Must of spooked him a little when got in his face cause he jumped back a couple yards. As he was running in I got drew back and thought this is down the 2 hard parts are done getting a turky in and getting drawn back. At about 15 yards quartering towards me I let the arrow go saw some feathers fly and he jumped and kinda trotted off one down? Well the 2 jakes were hanging around so I knocked another arrow and took a 30 yarder at one of them. Complete miss!! Oh well All I got to do is retrieve the first bird and my first spring tukey ever. Got out to check out the scene feather all over looked a little more and found my arrow looked it over. Wait a minute no blood? Sick feeling sinking in. Well maybe it got wiped of in the wet grass and it was stuck in the ground pretty good. Feelin better. Start the seach in the direction he went 40 yards no nothing. Sick feeling returning even worse. Walked around some more got some help from a buddy that was out there no turkey that was dead atleast. Walking back to the blind he jumped a nice tom about 125 yards from the blind. Looked around were he was laying and no blood plus he flew off so I figures I must have just caught some chest feathers. Now I have that sick feeling in my gut and hope that it'll go away sometime.
Everything did what it was suppose to the blind kept me concealed the dekes got them in the turkeys came in and I blow a 15 yard chip shot. Well I guess that's hunting.
Sorry this got a little long but needed to get it off my chest.

It happens. Amazing how an already small target requires even further refinement of shot placement to seal the deal. Keep at it, you're due for some luck.:way:

It happens. Amazing how an already small target requires even further refinement of shot placement to seal the deal. Keep at it, you're due for some luck.:way:

Agreed. If you were to hear any number of my whitetail bowhunting sobs you would probably find yourself feeling a little better. Keep your head up!!!

Top Bottom