Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

As they lay

goatman

I hunt days ending in Y
I didn't want to hijack turtlshell's post. I have never found a hen of the woods or ate one. Are these two hen of the woods? After his post I thought these were the real things. They are growing in front of my work under a oak tree. Still growing and are probably 10 to 15 lbs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture

We don't have them in my neck of the woods.....no oak trees. But from what I've researched about them, you've got a bunch of good eating there.

Typical....They make every thing in the woods bigger in iowa. I've got those up here in MN and thier only about the size of a softball.

The verdict is in. Wow do they taste good. I butchered a half of hen. Ate some and froze the rest.

Goat...for SURE those are the real deal and they are dandies. Hope you enjoyed your find. You have a spot for life...as they will grow in the same spot every year if the conditions are right.

Well done.

Those are some trophy Hen of the Woods mushrooms! They are my favorite mushroom - meaty, incredible flavor, will keep a month in the fridge - what more could a person want from a mushroom. Found a couple fresh smaller ones yesterday and a couple that were dilapidated already.

Top Bottom