Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Asking Permission

Fletch

In your experience, when's the best time to ask for permission to hunt a property for next fall? Is it immediately following the season(s)or should I wait until closer to Spring.

I will be searching for new property for next year and want to start the process as soon as possible. But I'm wondering if I need to wait in case the owners are tired of being hounded by would-be hunters since August, or possibly had some bad experiences with hunters (or trespassing) this season. On the other hand, I also want to be the first to get my foot in the door.

Thanks,
Fletch

IMO I would ask around spring time. I don't think near the end of the season for the hounding and all the shooting would be a good idea. Perhaps knock on the door during early spring with a kid with you, start off with shed hunting. It's always been my experience its a great idea to have the owner walk it with you if they can, or atleast drive you around it. They usually give you good info on where they have seen big ones or always see deer at areas.

I always do it during the spring of the year. I have had pretty good luck with getting permission also. You will be surpriced.

Top Bottom