Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Atrazine question

SWBUCKHNTR

I have a field I planted into switch in march. I came through late april early may and sprayed it with a roundup atrazine mix. All went well and looks good. Now it gets to late july and on the downhill side of a terrace I spray off the brome, roundup only and plant turnips. Its about 5 yards from the switch field. I was on the farm yesterday for the first time since I planted the turnips. The field is bare dirt, nothing. The terrace is healthy brome clover mix but has never been touched with any spray. Is it possible that the atrazine leeched through the terrace and into that soil and is preventing the turnips from growing?

How much did you spray? That will answer how long it will take. By next year, you'll for sure be fine. Could be fine for planting a rye or something now. I planted some area that had atrazine on it about 2 weeks ago - disced it up, etc and it's growing great.

Sligh1 said:
How much did you spray? That will answer how long it will take. By next year, you'll for sure be fine. Could be fine for planting a rye or something now. I planted some area that had atrazine on it about 2 weeks ago - disced it up, etc and it's growing great.

I put 9 quarts on 2.5 acres so a little over 3 quarts an acre

I put 9 quarts on 2.5 acres so a little over 3 quarts an acre
Ya, you're on the high end of things & depending on the soil type, you MIGHT be able to seed something now BUT I'm gonna guess you'll just have to wait til next spring and you will be fine next spring

Top Bottom