Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Attention Rut Hunters

MO-APE

RUT HUNTERS - MUST READ:

Two + "NINE"= Eleven

Obviously I wouldn't trade our blessing (November baby girl) for anything in the world, but plan accordingly and don't forget to carry the one when adding your months. :) .

Can anyone say "alternative methods month"?

Congrats! My wife and I had a baby this past November 8th. Didn't end up being as bad as I thought it would be with regard to my hunting.

Congrats!! I don't have a child with a rut birthday, but my wife's is nov 13. I didn't hunt when we first met so it wasn't a problem. But for the past 9 years it was pretty hard trying to juggle both. So this year she went hunting with me for her birthday and shot a 9 point for her first buck!!!

My wife's birthday is November 8th...just glad it is not the 9th which is my favorite day to be in the woods. I gladly give up one day for her since I get so many other days to hunt. Besides, when I'm on my death bed, I'd much rather have her there than a 180" deer head :D

Congrats on your daughter! No rut babies here, but I wasn't really into deer hunting when we got married...on November 4th!

My daughter's birthday almost always coincides with our first turkey season down here, though, so I'm a late season hunter every year!

RUT HUNTERS - MUST READ: Two + "NINE"= Eleven Obviously I wouldn't trade our blessing (November baby girl) for anything in the world, but plan accordingly and don't forget to carry the one when adding your months. :) . Can anyone say "alternative methods month"?

My wife and I tried to plan our first child to be born in the spring to not coincide with hunting season. Well I learned you can't "plan" that and Oct 14th was the date! God bless my wife because 4 days later I was in a deer stand.

My little guy was born on Nov. 5th last yr. I just figure when he's older I will be pulling him from school and hunting on all his birthdays.

LOL, 11 years ago I was actually doing this math when we decided to start good thing because it didn't take long and our first was born at the end of December.

My daughter was born on November 6th.........1982. The only thing I was hunting back then was my education. Now I just text her a "happy birthday" from the stand. I musta done something right though. 8 grandkids and no birthdays during either rut or turkey season. Our kids have "rhythm".

You know what they call couples that use the "rhythm method" of birth control? Parents.

I have mentioned this before.

I think I must be the poster child for poor planning and moments of weakness.

Son 11/1
Wife 11/2
Anniversary 11/4
My b day 11/10
Son 12/1

It is not really as bad as it looks.

Last edited:
I was concerned when my wife was due Dec 10th. I told her she better not pull some premature stuff. He did come early on Nov 30, but that's not so bad.

I have mentioned this before.

I think I must be the poster child for poor planning and moments of weakness.

Son 11/1
Wife 11/2
Anniversary 11/4
My b day 11/10
Son 12/1

It is not really as bad as it looks.

You got married on November 4th??? You have only yourself to blame. LOL!

You got married on November 4th??? You have only yourself to blame. LOL!

Well, I was not bow hunting much then. Also she's as reasonable as a women can be. We usually do something honoring our anniversary in Oct and I hunt the 4th. Brought her home a little something for the wall year before last.

I planned my second child's birth so it wouldn't land at the beginning of sept because I was getting my bear tag which u waited ten yrs for. Thought I was really redneck for doing this but I guess alit of people think about this. Both boys are early bowhunting and anniversary is June. I am good to go

I won't be planning around a child birth for hunting reasons. I love to hunt, but if my child were born during that month, I'd be perfectly happy doing whatever it is they want to do for their birthday. Just part of being a parent.

Top Bottom